Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Some third party developers are out of their minds!

Isn’t that the developer which adds pink, green, blue and red lights to cities ?

🥳

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Some people have no shame. 

Is there any thing in Creative Commons that can stop this?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Isn’t that the developer which adds pink, green, blue and red lights to cities ?

🥳

You mean the one that's ALSO sold on SimMarket? 😀

4 minutes ago, hangar said:

You mean the one that's ALSO sold on SimMarket? 😀

Yep,

🟪  🟦  🟩  🟥

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

24 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Yeah that one, the one who makes a city looks like a Christmas tree lol. And adding these lights are incredibility super easy. I bet they only spent like 1 or 2 hours throwing some lights here and there and sell that .. with 10euros 😄

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I have seen someone post on the FBW discord about a pirated A320nx copy of his airplane not working with the default (stable FBW). LMAO crazy. Simmarket is becoming full of junk lately. Thanks MS/Asobo

Such a silly viewpoint and conclusion.  Microsft/Asobo are not responsible for policing the add on market of another website that Microsoft/Asobo have no ownership or control over.

Such a product probably wouldn't make it into the MSFS marketplace because Microsoft/Asobo do control the MSFS marketplace.  What gets sold outside the MSFS marketplace though, Microsoft/Asobo can't really control that (provided we want to continue to have the flexibility to add any add on into our community folders).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Thus, MS/ASobo should maintain a closed marked? As X-Plane and Prepar3d do?

Laminar Research maintain a closed market? In what way?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Laminar Research maintain a closed market? In what way?

That was meant to have a 😉. I guess some people understood.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Well...Xplane is a bit of a strange animal when it comes to payware. I don't know that you'd call it closed off per say...but...there are basically 2 stores and 2 public forums for the majority of Xplane addons and the thing is ...the 2 individual store owners own the 2 major forums so there's alot of censoring going on.

It can sometimes be difficult to speak your mind (or impossible at times if you dont want to get banned) because the store owners will stop you from posting on the forums if they dont like what you have to say. The owner of X-plane knows all about this and does nothing to stop it either...so you know...it's a bit sleezey, IMO. I believe that the owner of Xplane also owns 1 of those stores, but not in a transparent sort of way.

It's somewhat of a dictatorship in that camp and always has been...owned and run by some 'good ol boys'. While you CAN buy SOME addons at other sim stores around the net those products are still monitored by the store/forum owners. You really need to watch your P's & Q's over there or you might run into issues. It's not a consumer friendly market, lets just leave it at that I guess.

It sort of reminds me of that scene from the "Vacation" movie with Chevy Chase, where after blowing a tire while traveling on the road with the family and pulls into tiny off the beaten path repair station to fix the car and afterwards when he asks how much the repairs are, the attendant replies "how much you got, son?"...Chevy says "does the sheriff know about your business practices?" and the guy responds by pulling out a sheriff badge from his pocket with a big grin on his face 🙂

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hangar said:

Well...Xplane is a bit of a strange animal when it comes to payware. I don't know that you'd call it closed off per say...but...there are basically 2 stores and 2 public forums for the majority of Xplane addons and the thing is ...the 2 individual store owners own the 2 major forums so there's alot of censoring going on.

X-Plane is a cult as much as it is a sim.😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hangar said:

You really need to watch your P's & Q's over there or you might run into issues. It's not a consumer friendly market, lets just leave it at that I guess.

Naw...one just needs a little intellect and clear and articulate communications skills if he wish's to have interactive dialog there....just saying

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

If you go to several MSFS facebook groups you see a lot of users who have little to no experience and dont frequent fora like Avsim or flightsim.to.

They have a hard time finding info on add ons or dont follow the latest updates on those add ons.

These users will be the "victims" 

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

This thread is a perfect example of how the free market regulates itself. People have the freedom to make and sell what they want, but the public figures it out and word spreads and the bad examples of sellers fall to the bottom (and sometimes run out of town, figuratively) The cream of sellers rises to the top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, hangar said:

Well...Xplane is a bit of a strange animal when it comes to payware. I

Sorry

this is utter rubbish i read lots of opinions about add-on in xplane forum without anybody censorship or deleting opinions

Edited by n4gix
Removed unnecessary long quote!