Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Some third party developers are out of their minds!

1 minute ago, pmb said:

I don't moan about FPS nor stutters. I get > 30 fps at KSFO (in the C172) and it's essentially stutter-free, aside occasional loading stutters when entering something like the LA basin. And I don't haver a monster system, see sig.

Now, VR is another story where it could neet a boost, but on a 2D screen, which most of the folks use, I am pretty satified.

Kind regards, Michael

Hey no disrespect to you Sir - my comments were in response to the posts I saw on the official forum 🙂

• Like 1

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

10 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Jeez, so you are the "hardcore simmer" and we are "gamers"? I am fine with that as long I am enjoying MSFS 😀

Except for the aspiring pilots, we are all pretty much gamers. That said, if the pilot passed out and someone said, hey is there anyone in here that can land this plane... Someone stands up and says, I'm familiar with instrument procedures and auto-landing on a Flight Sim... My first question, was it Xplane, P3D, or MSFS. If the answer is MSFS, my next question is where is the parachute?

I love MSFS, don't get me wrong, but they have a few fixes yet before it feels like a fully readied sim.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

58 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Of course with such small companies, smaller companies can get away with a lot more, because no-one cares or has time to examine the issue

Oh yes, absolutely...and this is how I was about to respond to Jan's question about MS owning their own gaming forums but you've just covered it 🙂

3 hours ago, Janov said:

If you want a community where you can "freely" speak about a product, it needs to be unaffiliated with that product (i.e not sell it), I agree with you about that.

Yea, pretty much common sense 😉

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Jeez, so you are the "hardcore simmer" and we are "gamers"? I am fine with that as long I am enjoying MSFS 😀

Hardly a "hardcore simmer" just a real-world flyer looking for that FSX/P3D "experience" I used to enjoy many years back when I was a student Pilot.

FSUK.jpg

1 hour ago, pmb said:

trains add a lot to the VFR experience in X-Plane.

Don't they! I agree and miss that aspect...you know for me...sometimes it's the smallest things that really can add to the immersion...and this is one of those things. 

You know what else I miss lately? The highways in xplane 11. Now dont get me wrong...the roadways in msfs2020 are looking better than they have in the past...but theres something about the highways in xplane 11 that I absolutely love...the overhead light posts, the green highway signs...it all looks 3d and like it's real.

Edited by hangar

6 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I love MSFS, don't get me wrong, but they have a few fixes yet before it feels like a fully readied sim.

At the end of the day it is just a feature request, it doesn't mean they are going to implement it tomorrow and leave the other important stuff :D. 

Anyway, I feel we are starting to derive away from the this thread topic and entering this annoying territory of debate.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

6 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

At the end of the day it is just a feature request, it doesn't mean they are going to implement it tomorrow and leave the other important stuff :D. 

Anyway, I feel we are starting to derive away from the this thread topic and entering this annoying territory of debate.

Ahh, not trying to be annoying, just my failed sense of humor. Certainly agree, in the end it's just a PC game, but to many of us a Flight Sim is a bit more than that. Kind of half nostalgia and half maybe one day I'll go back to get that pilot's license. Too much red tape to deal with these days though, it was so much easier 20-30 years ago if you just wanted to be a GA pilot.

In the back of our silly minds, we are still thinking that ILS procedure may one day end up being life or death in the sense of "Yes, I am declaring an emergency"... "Papa 152, you do realize that this airport is currently IFR conditions only"... "I am not certified for IFR, but I have practiced instrument landings, fuel is leaking have to land, emergency declared".

Now hopefully that never happens.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Too much red tape to deal with these days though, it was so much easier 20-30 years ago if you just wanted to be a GA pilot.

uyyuyuy, yes...and also when I think about where I'd be doing all my flying (I live on Long Island, NY) I lose all my enthusiasm 🙂

18 minutes ago, TrafficPilot said:

Hey no disrespect to you Sir - my comments were in response to the posts I saw on the official forum 🙂

Yes, I know. And a certain percentage is probably right. I've always been quite lucky with the MSFS performance which I mostly ascribe to the 1080Ti with 11 GB VRAM which was probably one of my best investments into flight simulation.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 minute ago, hangar said:

uyyuyuy, yes...and also when I think about where I'd be doing all my flying (I live on Long Island, NY) I lose all my enthusiasm 🙂

You have some wonderful VFR corridors through New York for sightseeing. Try doing that over London now and you'd get a massive fine and a prison sentence.

FSUK.jpg

5 minutes ago, pmb said:

Yes, I know. And a certain percentage is probably right. I've always been quite lucky with the MSFS performance which I mostly ascribe to the 1080Ti with 11 GB VRAM which was probably one of my best investments into flight simulation.

Kind regards, Michael

Yah, that's not bad at all, beats my RTX 2060, but i just refuse to dish out money for a new GPU until prices come down. You are in the lowish range of high-end, I'm in the lowish range of middle-end. RTX 2060 works fine for the way I fly.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

Just now, TrafficPilot said:

You have some wonderful VFR corridors through New York for sightseeing. Try doing that over London now and you'd get a massive fine and a prison sentence.

LOL, yea but getting to the hudson river corridor and pulling it off with the controllers, or getting through all the airspace here to reach all those lovely hilled areas and mountains is not a relaxing flight at all...in fact there just IS no relaxing flying around this area because of all the overlapping controlled airspaces around here. It's a handful.

Just now, Alpine Scenery said:

just refuse to dish out money for a new GPU until prices come down.

Yep, Im still on a lowly GTX 1080 here myself...waiting, waiting..

Three things I'd never do as a new pilot, try to fly over tall mountains in an underpowered plane on a hot day, fly into bad weather as a new pilot, and fly near any big city or major route. Sure, eventually you have to conquer those fears.

Edited by Alpine Scenery