Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

First impressions, I like it a lot.

Whilst it's really easy to fly on the easy setting - among other things there is no need to worry about blowing the engine up on that setting - since we all are kind of used to how choppers fly, the increased stability imparts in easy mode kind of makes it a bit harder to fly in some respects, because it's helping you out a lot and on occasion preventing you from doing what you actually want to do. Great for novices who just want to bomb it around in the thing but the medium mode is perhaps one you'd prefer until you go the hang of it, and then stick it on hard mode. What it does force you to do on anything other than easy mode, is anticipate the motion a lot in order to avoid chasing stability, so it's pretty believable and challenging in that regard.

How do you bind controls?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

First impressions, I like it a lot.

Whilst it's really easy to fly on the easy setting - among other things there is no need to worry about blowing the engine up on that setting - since we all are kind of used to how choppers fly, the increased stability imparts in easy mode kind of makes it a bit harder to fly in some respects, because it's helping you out a lot and on occasion preventing you from doing what you actually want to do. Great for novices who just want to bomb it around in the thing but the medium mode is perhaps one you'd prefer until you go the hang of it, and then stick it on hard mode. What it does force you to do on anything other than easy mode, is anticipate the motion a lot in order to avoid chasing stability, so it's pretty believable and challenging in that regard.

Hey Alan, thanks for the heads up on this. Can you confirm whether there is a virtual pilot available when in an external view? Cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

28 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

How do you bind controls?

You just use standard controls binding - pitch and roll for the cyclic, throttle for collective and mixture for throttle.

I'm highly impressed with what the Flyinside team have done with this - I'm all over the place trying to fly it but it feels like that's entirely down to my mistakes and I never quite felt that way with the H135

Thought I can't help feeling it needs a piece of string selotaped to the canopy

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hey Alan, thanks for the heads up on this. Can you confirm whether there is a virtual pilot available when in an external view? Cheers.

Yes there is, video quick preview/review in approximately 1-2 hours. Just editing it now

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

17 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

You just use standard controls binding - pitch and roll for the cyclic, throttle for collective and mixture for throttle.

I'm highly impressed with what the Flyinside team have done with this - I'm all over the place trying to fly it but it feels like that's entirely down to my mistakes and I never quite felt that way with the H135

Practice hovering with it, and once you get that down, you can fly it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Were you flying advanced mode with the HR 135?  It's pretty realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Practice hovering with it, and once you get that down, you can fly it. 

🙂 Oh yes, helicopter sims and me go way back to Tomahawk on the ZX Spectrum.

I don't think I've got better in those 30ish years but I have found lots of new and interesting ways to crash.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

What are these "Autopilots" of which you speak (at least when it comes to helos) :)

Many Helis today have autopilot. https://www.aircraftcompare.com/blog/helicopters-autopilot/

Just now, Matchstick said:

🙂 Oh yes, helicopter sims and me go way back to Tomahawk on the ZX Spectrum.

I don't think I've got better in those 30ish years but I have found lots of new and interesting ways to crash.

Wait until you try it in a real life Heli. You will be all over the sky. 

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Were you flying advanced mode with the HR 135?  It's pretty realistic. 

Yep, the H135 feels heavily stabilised though and there were occasions, especially with torque rotor where I felt I was fighting the helo's sytems not aerodynamics.

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Wait until you try it in a real life Heli. You will be all over the sky. 

I would love to be able to afford to learn to fly them 🙂

Maybe once I retire 😉

In DCS the huey had what I think was the most importent thing for a heli when using a stick that is self centering. It had a "trim" button. All that did was let you not have to force your stick 100% of the time. Becasue IRL a heli stick has no selfcentering. 

I like the sound of good it looks with the options.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Matchstick said:

Yep, the H135 feels heavily stabilised though and there were occasions, especially with torque rotor where I felt I was fighting the helo's sytems not aerodynamics.

You have to remember that the H 135 is much heavier and stable then the Bell 47.  The R 22 is even lighter.