Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

21 minutes ago, bbking said:

Hi Andy,

I am also struggling with external camera view! Anyone here knows a solution? Maybe tweaking cameras.cfg?

Greetz, Bouwe

The devs have said (on the FlyInside forum) they are trying to figure it out. So no solution yet. 

• Like 1

Not a good day for this guy. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Not a good day for this guy...

Yeah, seen that before. It would appear they have some sort of control runaway issue because they both decide to bail out instead of just shutting it down, but then they realise they might have been better not doing that what with the rotors flapping about all over the shop. Still, now they have a convertible helicopter with an open cockpit option. 🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yeah, seen that before. It would appear they have some sort of control runaway issue because they both decide to bail out instead of just shutting it down, but then they realise they might have been better not doing that what with the rotors flapping about all over the shop. Still, now they have a convertible helicopter with an open cockpit option. 🤣

I read an article about ground resonance years ago, seems something is slightly off in the Helicopter causing a vibration which is amplified by the ground it is sitting on, somehow. Gets worse and worse as time goes on. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read an article about ground resonance years ago, seems something is slightly off in the Helicopter causing a vibration which is amplified by the ground it is sitting on, somehow. Gets worse and worse as time goes on. 

Here's a fun fact about resonance in choppers and the materials used to control that. When Hughes were developing the OH-6 Cayuse, which later became the MD500, they developed a material for sound deadening with specific acoustic properties, and one of the things that ended up getting used for later on, was for the bowl back on the Ovation acoustic guitar which was commonly in use with bands in the Seventies!

Another cool example of that was, in Vietnam, there were lots of the populace crippled by standing on landmines and losing a limb as a result of that, so what the army hospitals over there used to do, was use the plexiglass recovered from downed choppers to form into artificial limbs for people. That's pretty cool huh?

'War! Yeah! Good God Y'all! What is it good for?' Well, apparently some things it would seem if you can make a guitar out of its materials, or help a crippled person. Kind of like swords into ploughshares.

c8aa5a75ee3c79a1690abbcabac798da.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

The devs have said (on the FlyInside forum) they are trying to figure it out. So no solution yet. 

Thanks for the info! I just created a login account so i can check the status by myself!

Greetz, Bouwe

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Tony,

had to get this, looks mighty fine. Two questions though -

First is the zoom level on the external view. I can't seem to get any further away than this -
ITMbdB1.jpg

I can get a reasonably distance from the copter using the drone cam but not with the external camera view. Any ideas? I've never had similar issues with any other aircraft.

Second issue is that I am getting random CTDs, as a couple of other folk have mentioned, since installing this. I haven't done much testing yet to try and isolate the circumstances, and I will do so tomorrow, but just wondered if you'd had any such issues during development and can just go "oh yeah, just set the doobrie to 5" or whatever.

cheers,

Andy

I'm no Blender 3d modelling expert, but I recall having much difficulty sizing down models. If you view the Bell helicopter in the Hangar it is big as Jupiter in the Solar System of aircraft.

Maybe that's why you can't zoom away from it in the sim.

On second issue of CTDs did you wait the entire time for the helicopter to load all of its code when you first installed? It took me a good 15 minutes before the Flyinside heli manager would connect to the sim, and I nearly shut it off because I thought the program had crashed.

Edited by dobee51
  • Like 1

We figured out the External Camera issue finally!  We'll have a patch out Monday with that plus a couple of other fixes.

For anyone curious, the reasoning is pretty crazy:

We went through a lot of pain, trying to get the “External” view in our aircraft correct. There’s actually a documentation bug here, and some unexpected behavior.

The docs state that a “CHASE_PLANE” camera in cameras.cfg controls the External camera. This is actually incorrect, cameras.cfg doesn’t have any effect on the external camera.

The only parameter which controls it is wing_span in flight_model.cfg, which determines the camera radius.

As a helicopter using an external FM, we did not have a large wing span in our MSFS flight model specified 😉

• Like 3

Always something new to learn, sure do appreciate the 47!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

47 minutes ago, anprogrammer said:

We figured out the External Camera issue finally!  We'll have a patch out Monday with that plus a couple of other fixes.

As a helicopter using an external FM, we did not have a large wing span in our MSFS flight model specified 😉

Guess they didn't really think that one out did they? Especially since the rotor radius is effectively the wingspan on a chopper. Glad you sussed it out though.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, anprogrammer said:

Nice work! Well done, and thanks.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 hours ago, dobee51 said:

On second issue of CTDs did you wait the entire time for the helicopter to load all of its code when you first installed? It took me a good 15 minutes before the Flyinside heli manager would connect to the sim, and I nearly shut it off because I thought the program had crashed.

Took about 5 minutes or so on my system, and I definitely waited for it. These CTDs seem a bit random, but I'll try and nail it down a bit more tomorrow.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Did you guys manage to open the doors? Or this feature is not implemented?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

You are able to remove the doors, I haven't tried to open them.

Danny

My first experience is pretty positive, and this means a lot - me... and a chopper! I was able to take off and fly a certain route, more or less even the intended one. Landing could need a bit of work, but the whole experience was nice. And I use the Realistic flight model. I never made friends with simplified chopper models, you usually expect a certain reaction from a chopper, and I've always difficulty to "feel" which features are present or missing in those models.

Only point, I wasn't able to start it initially. The Startup Procedure in the manual seems to be missing switching on the magnetos.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11