Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

For those who have flown the H-135 and the Bell can you tell me if the Bell model implements rotor torque and yaw behavior better than the H-135?  Unless I'm not configuring the H-135 correctly (I'm using defaults) the rotor torque and yaw behavior is very arcade like IMHO.  Nothing like any of my DCS helos and nothing like X-Plane helos.  I dig the Bell but am not interested in paying for anything that flies like its on lubricated rails...

I'm very biased as a dev, but the one thing you won't accuse this heli of is having an easy FM.  It's not on rails, and it isn't easy.

• Like 3

I'm absolutely love this bird in realistic setting. There are so many way to kill yourself LOL Boy I do miss force trim! LOL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It's certainly not easy to fly, it takes some concentration and finesse, and I've only flown it on the medium FM settings!  Once I got the feel for it I could generally point it where I wanted to go and it would go there, but I have much to learn to be proficient with this aircraft.  Tons of fun though and will be great for practicing helo flying and doing some slow touring.

My last flight ended with a death spiral into the ground so more practice to be done on my part.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It's certainly not easy to fly, it takes some concentration and finesse, and I've only flown it on the medium FM settings!  Once I got the feel for it I could generally point it where I wanted to go and it would go there, but I have much to learn to be proficient with this aircraft.  Tons of fun though and will be great for practicing helo flying and doing some slow touring.

My last flight ended with a death spiral into the ground so more practice to be done on my part.

I remember from DCS that below 20 kts, descent rate should be above 500fpm or heli  will get into VRS! I'm mean I know but I keep doin it. I totally suck! LOL Yet I still love attention to details this bird bring. I totally didn't expect helicopters come so soon! It's like christmas in may LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be fair I just flew the H135 on Advanced and it does model torque and yaw in a realistic fashion.  Correct? dunno never flew an H135 much less any rotary wing aircraft but it does feel much better in ADV mode.  Made the mistake of Unalaska PADU for the test, couldn't see jack above 500ft but still was fun to fly.  I'll have to try this B47G...

• Like 1

below 20 kts, descent rate should be above 500fpm or heli  will get into VRS

I think that should be "less than 500 fpm"...but the only RW helo time I have is an intro lesson in an R22

Fly around a bit, hover just controlling the height with collective,
then point at a tree and keep it pointing there with pedals 🙂
Then add cyclic and then watch the instructor recover 😞
Going to have to get this one 🙂

6 hours ago, badgenes said:

I dig the Bell but am not interested in paying for anything that flies like its on lubricated rails...

You're definitely going to find the Fly Inside Bell 47 G doesn't fly like it is on rails. You can have it do that on the easy flight model setting, but once you go to the medium setting you have to start flying it and if you put it on hard, well it's not called hard for nothing let's put it that way. And within those three settings, you can also tweak it further.

So it's kind of 'all things to all people'. You can make it as difficult as you want it to be. It will go into a VRS if you take liberties with it, and being fairly low powered, it can potentially be difficult to get out of that if you don't know what you are doing or recognise what is happening. You can actually briefly see it starting to do that on my youtube review when I'm coming in for the landing, but fortunately I spot it quickly before it gets really bad and I manage to fly out of it, which, when you see how cack I am at flying choppers, is nothing short of a miracle. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

has anyone noticed a difference in controller input lag between msfs and xplane, IL2 or sw squadrons etc? There appears to be noticeably more in lag in MSFS. Id imagine this will make flying the helicopters in advanced modes extra tricky at slow flight and hovering

4 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I think that should be "less than 500 fpm"...but the only RW helo time I have is an intro lesson in an R22

Fly around a bit, hover just controlling the height with collective,
then point at a tree and keep it pointing there with pedals 🙂
Then add cyclic and then watch the instructor recover 😞
Going to have to get this one 🙂

Yes you are correct. I meant I got below 20 kts and fpm more 500 fpm and kaboom! I'm falling out of skies 🙂

8 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I remember from DCS that below 20 kts, descent rate should be above 500fpm or heli  will get into VRS! I'm mean I know but I keep doin it. I totally suck! LOL Yet I still love attention to details this bird bring. I totally didn't expect helicopters come so soon! It's like christmas in may LOL

The sad thing for me is I wasn’t even coming in for a landing lol.

I was doing some turning, getting a feel for how far I could bank it in a turn and I think the answer was “not that far” 😄

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I've never purchased payware for MSFS, this will be my first. Can anyone describe how the copy protection is implemented? Will there be issues with the Bell 47 addon and MSFS existing on different hard disks that I'll swap between? 

They're both installed via my steam account and used on the same PC. One is 1909 and the other is 21h1 

Edited by dogmanbird

No issues with installation location - you enter your product key into Heli Manager, and it will activate for you.  It doesn't care where things are installed

thank you very much for replying.

just to clarify, it's two hard disks with windows installed on each and msfs installed on each. I only connect one at a time.

Can I have it licensed on both hard disks at once? I'm just a little concerned it will see a second activation attempt and wont allow it.

they won't be running simultaneously

Edited by dogmanbird