Sign in to follow this  
Chock

FlyInside Bell 47G for MSFS released

OK I uninstalled completely and reinstalled.  Original link doesn't contain latest build so I had to re-download update again. CG issues is the same as on screenshot above 😞

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

OK I uninstalled completely and reinstalled.  Original link doesn't contain latest build so I had to re-download update again. CG issues is the same as on screenshot above 😞

The CG screen is a red-herring.  We have some issues with what we're reporting to MSFS, but it doesn't affect the flight model.  We'll have that fixed next patch though as it's super annoying.

In terms of the electrical/avionics stuff, we're looking into that.

Is the first-run long load time meant to be only for the first flight after installing or after an update, or every time the game is started?

13 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

Is the first-run long load time meant to be only for the first flight after installing or after an update, or every time the game is started?

Only if it is either installing first time, or updating, any other normal time it won't be affected.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks anprogrammer and Chock.

This is great fun. I can't imagine anyone using an aeroplane hotas setup ever truly mastering this on realistic mode. Even with the added accuracy of dedicated cyclic, rudders and collective, the latency will probably prevent it from being 100%, but it's sure fun to try 😀

Edited by dogmanbird

I'm using Realistic with an MS FFB2 stick with the power off, so it's VERY sensitive, together with rudder pedals.
Really do just think and the helo moves, brill when you are in tune but it is easy to get into PIOs...

TM16000 was just about impossible due to the strong centring - what is everyone else using?

I'm using a centre mount VKB Gunfighter 3 with a 30cm Extension - it's OK but far from perfect

I'm contemplating removing the springs from the base entirely and seeing how that works.

5 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

I'm using Realistic with an MS FFB2 stick with the power off, so it's VERY sensitive, together with rudder pedals.
Really do just think and the helo moves, brill when you are in tune but it is easy to get into PIOs...

TM16000 was just about impossible due to the strong centring - what is everyone else using?

I have the TM16000 TWS throttle and Logitech pedals and I can fly it pretty ok. Hovering is rough and yes, my arm gets tired after any significant time in the air but I manage. Landing is spotty but that is me more than my hardware. I am not really a heli guy but I do have the Huey, Blackshark, and Mi-8 in DCS and will take them out and crash them from time to time. At any rate Flyinside hit it out of the park with this one...My only gripe is some of the shadowing in the cockpit is overdone, I wish they would tone it back a little.

thrustmaster hotas with 7cm extension. I'd hate to try it without the extension. I imagine it would really be painful after a while. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Does anybody use saitek/logitech radio panel with this bird? I can set my transponder, but can not change/swap the radio freq. Do you encounter the same behavior?

Reactivated my trustworthy 18 years old Sidewinder 2 without power attached... and ch pedals. I already was thinking about taking the Sidewinder apart to lengthen the stick and place it on the floor... 😁

5 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

thrustmaster hotas with 7cm extension. I'd hate to try it without the extension. I imagine it would really be painful after a while. 

Do you use the extension for fixed-wing aircrafts as well, or only for helicopters?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

29 minutes ago, espent said:

Do you use the extension for fixed-wing aircrafts as well, or only for helicopters?

both, stick is positioned on pedestal in front of chair, grip is about waist high and angled back a bit. Not bad for heli use. not much strain, especially in the 47, since it takes a little more than "thinking" about it to go to cruise speed. I fly very few fixed wings that use yoke, and those that do (JF arrow)the stick bothers me not at all. Besides I haven't tried a yoke yet that I can stand more than a few minutes. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

13 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

That's true of any realistic helicopter flight model. Our desktop joysticks aren't designed for it. I removed the big mainspring from my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS set and that makes it easier, but it's still not like having a good extension on the stick.

What you can do from there is all down to adjustments in the joystick curves in the sim. And it's still not as good as a long-travel cyclic.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Are we expecting another patch soon?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI