Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

Announced over at FS Elite...

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The two other Carenados are both AOG in MSFS2020, with multiple issues, as far as I can glean from forums so I certainly wouldn't even entertain the idea of buying this one at this stage.

And as Hangar says - if it's on Market Place then it's a no no anyway. Trouble installing liveries, etc

Not being able to tinker with Carenado's aircraft's flight models puts anything by them out of bounds for me.

That's three good reasons not to purchase. One would have been enough.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Alan has a lot of work on today 😄

• Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Announced over at FS Elite...

I’ll get it.  

There’s always something to grip about just the same I wanted this bird in FS and the Saratoga, it is what it is.  I’ll get the Hawker and Malibu when they come out as well since no other developer is doing these birds.  I can’t justify the hatred for this company when the same people  (myself included) bought the 737MAX.  The cockpit is basically word not allowed but acceptable since no other option for this bird is available at this time. Carenado has the best looking models for what they do and patches have improved their initial releases.  Are they perfect, no but neither is Asobo.  For me it’s the shortcomings of FS2020 itself with regression with each monthly patch and a joke of an ATC system that’s the real problem.  Heck, Asobo screwing  up the scenery draw distance was major for me.  So all this is nothing to write home about.  With all that being said FS2020 on its worst day with add-ons like what Carenado offers is better than all the other options out there combined.  Everything else is ‘Cartoon Simulator’ at this point. So I’ll buy this bird because I like this aircraft in general and knowing Carenado’s standard it’ll look great in FS2020.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

• Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Correct me if I’m wrong but this bird seems to be the first release to properly simulate feathering a prop.  The ability to spin is nice as well.

• Like 1

FS2020 

22 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but this bird seems to be the first release to properly simulate feathering a prop.  The ability to spin is nice as well.

What do you mean by "properly"? their PA44 did it too

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

"I’ll get it. "

I got it. the moment it was released. it is slightly more complex than the previous PA-44

"is for the birds"

Birds like me,

I fly only in VR, and for that the Carenados are fantastic. don't need "study level" and VNAV in each and every airplane, but I do need best texturing and modeling possible for total VR immersion. just did a few short flights all on autopilot from 11S-KFHR-KORS-CYVR in moderate rain and low lying patches of misty clouds. it all felt so incredibly real. thank you Carenado for another very enjoyable "Harley Davidson" style vintage twin with analog instruments! and no, I  am not affiliated with them whatsoever, I simply confess I love them.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

3 hours ago, xender said:

That’s why I said, ‘correct me if I’m wrong’.  For a crappy developer by some individual’s standard this is a pretty nice feature no one else is doing (yet).

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

No rest for the wicked eh? Downloading it now, review on the way later on, at some point I will make that curry I was planning. 🤣

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks for that.

Ugh. The audio sounds are abysmal. That's a big no from me

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

58 minutes ago, xender said:

Basically, does it do it in the air? - and if it does, does the drag/ aerodynamics numbers reflect that through airspeed, yaw, etc.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese