Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

29 minutes ago, Chock said:

When it comes to shiny new toys turning into virtual hangar queens, that's less of a problem for me because I tend to add them to my Air Hauler fleet

...not to mention your excellent reviews which provide us with in-depth no-nonsense info 👌

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Can the widescreen heat-pad be removed?  Or is this a feature of all Seneca's?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Can the widescreen heat-pad be removed?  Or is this a feature of all Seneca's?

It's on all variants you get with this add-on and I don't see an option to remove it. In reality it is an optional part of the ice protection system you can specify when you buy the real thing, but since you're buying a Seneca for its IMC certified capabilities, I should think there are not many Senecas which don't have it fitted. Not sure why anyone would want it removed from the thing anyway unless they have a Seneca themselves without one and they want a sim version like their own aeroplane.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Piaggio Avanti and a Q400 (or other large props) is what I'm waiting on. The Avantis I flew in other sims weren't done that great though, but I don't know that I ever owned the best one.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I have become very quickly addicted to the in-cockpit sound of the twin donks in cruise at 26MAP and approx 2400 RPM. Just need some background chatter on the comms and I ain't never coming down.

Bobcat - you brain just neglects to see that heat pad slightly to the right of your vision through the windshield after a few minutes of flight.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

I like the Seneca and the Seminole.  Also the Waco.  But the only issue i have with Carenado aircraft is that when I use the ipad icon to open any door, as soon as I move my cursor off the ipad the door closes.  Also, if opening the door directly by the latch, on e I move my cursor away from the door it closes.  Any ideas what may be the problem?

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I should think there are not many Senecas which don't have it fitted.

When I looked through Seneca V photos yesterday based on a web search for the photos it was fitted to virtually every one I saw.  The two or three that lacked it, upon further observaton, turned out to be promotional photos of scaled models LOL!

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On the fence... So, in a nutshell, is this product really good?

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

10 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

hehe, wow would THAT get a nice dichotomy of answers!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

I've flown this more in the past 24 hours than I have the Seminole I bought at launch. I personally believe this is Carenado's best release yet for MFS.

It doesn't have as many working switches as JustFlight's Arrow so this isn't a mid-study level aircraft, but it flies beautifully and they really captured the character well.

• Like 3

My name is Steve and I prefer hand flying.

Co-Founder of Hype Performance Group, MFS 3rd Party Developers

Released Projects: HPG H135, HPG H145, HPG Hot Air Balloon

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

All the important stuff works.

I've put 6 hours on it since yesterday afternoon.

6 hours?  That's got to be worth a block of Cheddar and a bit of Wensleydale at least! 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, alexcolka said:

You will not find out for certain, for yourself, until you take it over the fence.  Difficult even to find two people who like the same restaurant!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere