Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

1 hour ago, hangar said:

@Will Fly For Cheese not to derail the thread, but I must ask... is there any cheese in particular that you enjoy flying for?

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

6 hours?  That's got to be worth a block of Cheddar and a bit of Wensleydale at least! 

I do enjoy a bit of Cheddar of course and a bit of Wensleydale too but I'll fly a house brick to the moon for the cheeses of Normandy and Burgundy; Pont l'Eveque, a bit of Mont d'Or with a grape juice or two.

• Like 3

Just now, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I do enjoy a bit of Cheddar of course and a bit of Wensleydale too but I'll fly a house brick to the moon for the cheeses of Normandy and Burgundy; Pont l'Eveque, a bit of Mont d'Or with a grape juice or two.

We have a Cockatoo that fly's for pistachio's 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It's a handsome beast. . .

This hate to love of a Carenado product coming from you is staggering.  Every post I read I'm blown away...🙄🧐🤭 I couldn't get on the hate train because I actually liked what they produced over the years.  There were some misses in past sims but overall I enjoyed their work.  Judging by the great birds in Carenado's hanger we have yet to see in FS2020 there are some great efforts to come.  By all means hold them to the fire if things like the flight model isn't correct but for the most part they haven't been half bad in FS2020.  Having that whole hanger of previous FSX releases in FS2020 is going to be amazing (E50P Phenom, C421, PA42, PA31T, PA46, Premier, and Hawker H25B to name a few).  The whole argument that all they are good for is great visual models should be rendered mute at this point.  All their birds with the exception of the Arrow were good efforts so far (I actually like the Arrow especially after the fixes were released). The Waco was a problem for some because many (myself included) didn't know how to takeoff/land in a tail dragger.  If you've mastered the Corsair and Spitfire the Waco is a breeze now.

I hope we can now put to rest all the unfounded hate for this developer. :ph34r: 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Does Seneca affected by icing ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

This hate to love of a Carenado product coming from you is staggering. 

I never said I hated Carenado dear boy (on the contrary, I have flown a few of them in previous sims and they are great at what they are; very pretty, tuneable and will get you there in one piece, which really, is all we can ask of a real aeroplane at the end of the day) - what I disliked intently - and what informed my purchase decision making was the fact that purchases from Market Place make it (as yet) impossible to tinker with air files/ flight tuning, etc - which is a must for Carenado aircraft.

That having been said - Chock and others reported a good solid airframe with accurate predictable flight dynamics and no vices or CTD on the Seneca. That pushed me over the edge to my first Market Place purchase.

So far, a purchase I do not regret. . .for it is insanely beautiful, flies as good as it looks and the sounds of those engines in cruise would have made Mozart become a pilot and not a musician.

This is after landing at Crown Point in Tobago. Now, where's me Planter's Punch? Brazil tomorrow.

gfhfgh.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Does Seneca affected by icing ?

Got a long flight to Brazil tomorrow sd so will be taking her all the way up there, so will find out. Really hoping the heat pad works.

51 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Really hoping the heat pad works.

It does. And the airframe and prop heating definitely makes a difference in icing conditions too. I set up some terrible weather and tried it without the anti-ice systems and it was slowly losing altitude; turned on all the systems and back up she went. Cargo capacity is a bit cack in Air Hauler - 1014 - but it's okay for passenger charters.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

It does. And the airframe and prop heating definitely makes a difference in icing conditions too. I set up some terrible weather and tried it without the anti-ice systems and it was slowly losing altitude; turned on all the systems and back up she went. Cargo capacity is a bit cack in Air Hauler - 1014 - but it's okay for passenger charters.

Fantastic. Thanks for the Gen Chock. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

Alright, I was going to pass on this one having bought the Asobo ultralight and the flyinside Bell 47 this weekend but you’ve all convinced me.  I really enjoy the Seminole so based on the feedback here I expect I’ll enjoy the Seneca too.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

41 minutes ago, Chock said:

I would appreciate some guidance on #'s

At the moment, 1st flight up the USA East Coast, I have the C of G bang in the middle of Front & Back limits, cruising at 150 kts, 5,000'.

Throttle: 77%, Prop: 70%, Mix: 61%

MAP: 29.1, RPM: 2,360, TIT: 1609

Initially, as I climbed on AP to 5,000' there was a noticeable vertical porpoise going on. Not major, enough to be noticed. This has flattened out. [Would a G of G tweak fix the porpoiseing?]

Could you suggest  #'s I should be running for the elements above?

I have some concern about the TIT as it's not far off a red line, (& I have just realized shut the  the b-y cowl flaps)

Anyway, what TIT should I be looking for, approx?

Also Mixture % for Turbos often eludes me

Thanks

T45

How would it compare to, let's say, the RealAir Duke B60? Is it far away?

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

16 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I would appreciate some guidance on #'s

At the moment, 1st flight up the USA East Coast, I have the C of G bang in the middle of Front & Back limits, cruising at 150 kts, 5,000'.

Throttle: 77%, Prop: 70%, Mix: 61%

MAP: 29.1, RPM: 2,360, TIT: 1609

Initially, as I climbed on AP to 5,000' there was a noticeable vertical porpoise going on. Not major, enough to be noticed. This has flattened out. [Would a G of G tweak fix the porpoiseing?]

Could you suggest  #'s I should be running for the elements above?

I have some concern about the TIT as it's not far off a red line, (& I have just realized shut the  the b-y cowl flaps)

Anyway, what TIT should I be looking for, approx?

Also Mixture % for Turbos often eludes me

Thanks

T45

Get your Cowl Flaps Open on it up to FL150 on a KIAS below 120 or you'll burn the CHT on the Climb.

The porpoising thing I haven't witnessed - are you "flying up your Baro to Transition"?

I'll let Chock come in and do the detail but she's a beast on the Climb - just point her up at 1000 FPM on the AP - keep the MAP at 30 and the Revs at 2600. Spend the fuel and get up there. It's the cheaper option in the long run.

If you try and tweak that to be an Avgas Saver - she won't thank you for it, she'll bloody well argue with you and complain and go wrong.

Just keep everything in the green on the small dials.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

Double post.....

Edited by kaha

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

9 minutes ago, kaha said:

How would it compare to, let's say, the RealAir Duke B60? Is it far away?

Karl

Compares nicely to the RealAir Turbine Duke. That's an aircraft I missed until I got this one.

Jump In.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Get your Cowl Flaps Open on it up to FL150 on a KIAS below 120 or you'll burn the CHT on the Climb.

The porpoising thing I haven't witnessed - are you "flying up your Baro to Transition"?

I'll let Chock come in and do the detail but she's a beast on the Climb - just point her up at 1000 FPM on the AP - keep the MAP at 30 and the Revs at 2600. Spend the fuel and get up there. It's the cheaper option in the long run.

If you try and tweak that to be an Avgas Saver - she won't thank you for it, she'll bloody well argue with you and complain and go wrong.

Just keep everything in the green on the small dials.

Thanks, I'll digest this.

BTW, when I load up the flight, it sits as a trike on the runway, when I hit the Yellow Fly button, it becomes a tail dragger!

Any one else get that?

T45