Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

10 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

there's a work around for fixing the clipping of the gauge lights in VR.  this is due to the small 'range=0.1' from the default asobo's LIGHT_ASOBO_Gauge.fx file. if it is adjusted to 0.165, the clipping disappears:

D:\MFS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-effects-legacy\effects\LIGHT_ASOBO_Gauge.fx
[LightAttributes.0]
Type=spot
Size=0.0
Range=0.165
Intensity=1.2
Softness=0.0
SpotInner=43.7
SpotOuter=79.152
Volumetric=0
ScatDir=0.0

i sent a tix to carenado about this a while back but they never bothered to fix it.  

THANK YOU kdfw!! This has been irking me for a while.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

I am really enjoying this Carenado offering, i just completed a stunning flight down from Inverness - London City, witnessed everything from severe icing in the north, through to breaking through storm clouds just north of Luton. The plane is really nice to fly, and i think my next hop will be over the channel and down through France, with a few stop off's on the way.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I am really enjoying this Carenado offering, i just completed a stunning flight down from Inverness - London City, witnessed everything from severe icing in the north, through to breaking through storm clouds just north of Luton. The plane is really nice to fly, and i think my next hop will be over the channel and down through France, with a few stop off's on the way.

Beautiful isn't she? I'm having a blast in her.

For your Channel hop why not land at LFAT Cote D'Opale - really well done, here:

https://flightsim.to/file/6642/le-touquet-cote-d-opale-lfat

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

there's a work around for fixing the clipping of the gauge lights in VR

I'm sorry to write this off-topic message, but thank you for sharing this info!

Should you want to vote, and publish your solution too, there is a topic about this kind of problems as well here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airliner-exterior-lighting-bug/346591/6?u=cptlucky8

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

9 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm sorry to write this off-topic message, but thank you for sharing this info!

Should you want to vote, and publish your solution too, there is a topic about this kind of problems as well here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/airliner-exterior-lighting-bug/346591/6?u=cptlucky8

It's not necessarily Off-Topic - it's just in the wrong Thread - that's a purely VR issue - so you guys flying in VR should post that over in the dedicated VR thread - as the lighting in the 2D version of the Carenado Seneca is really quite lovely and free from this VR issue you guys are talking about. That's why Ray Proudfoot split the forum Threads some time ago - because issues in 2D and 3D can have little or no relevance to each other. This is a case in point.

It's a little unfair on the developer if you know what I mean. Hope that makes sense.

gfhfgh.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

that's a purely VR issue

I agree and not a Carenado issue either!

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 minutes ago, RXP said:

I agree and not a Carenado issue either!

It's interesting watching VR take shape - I guess that's the future - you guys are in on the infancy of it - Pioneers, so to speak. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It's not necessarily Off-Topic - it's just in the wrong Thread - that's a purely VR issue - so you guys flying in VR should post that over in the dedicated VR thread - as the lighting in the 2D version of the Carenado Seneca is really quite lovely and free from this VR issue you guys are talking about. That's why Ray Proudfoot split the forum Threads some time ago - because issues in 2D and 3D can have little or no relevance to each other. This is a case in point.

It's a little unfair on the developer if you know what I mean. Hope that makes sense.

gfhfgh.jpg

I’m not being unfair to the developer at all considering this is only happening with my Carenado planes, sure it could be an Asobo or a Microsoft issue but all of the other planes I own do not have this issue, these developers have found a way to not have this problem.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

2 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

I’m not being unfair to the developer at all considering this is only happening with my Carenado planes, sure it could be an Asobo or a Microsoft issue but all of the other planes I own do not have this issue, these developers have found a way to not have this problem.

the developer didn't QC the VC using VR.  they know the light issue exists because i filed a ticket on it for the pa44 a while back.

but there's an easy work around so people can enjoy the pretty carenado offerings in VR.  i'll get the seneca soon as she's easy on the eyes.

• Like 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

WillFly4Cheese:  when you are done with that PA-34 profile where will you be uploading it?

In a nutshell I'm loving this plane, finally took the plunge and purchased my copy, yep best Carenado release for MSFS so far, lovely sounds! I got the v1.0.1 from the store so don't know what fixes were made.

• Like 2

Alexander Colka

Does the AP work ok? No Alt Select I see. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Does the AP work ok? No Alt Select I see. 

It does altitude hold, but automatic climb or descend to set altitude doesn't seem to work, and I think I have seen it isn't actually a feature on the real one.

It does V/S on trim, but it looks like you have to look out for the altitude yourself and turn off V/S when you are there.  I would have expected a warning chime when approaching altitude at least - unless I am doing it all wrong! 😀

It is a great plane though, and the best Carenado I have ever bought.  I hope to get their Navajo and Apache if they are to the same standard.  Not sure why some people had problems with the sounds.  I think they are spot-on!  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I got it. Best Carenado yet! Sounds are amazing with headphones on whe  the props arent in sync. The AP works great too! The one problem I have is when I fly a RNAV app I dont get any lateral guidance from the HSI so I gotta always fly to LNAV mins which kinda sucks. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom