Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

21 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I got it. Best Carenado yet! Sounds are amazing with headphones on whe  the props arent in sync. The AP works great too! The one problem I have is when I fly a RNAV app I dont get any lateral guidance from the HSI so I gotta always fly to LNAV mins which kinda sucks. 

Do you mean vetical guidance?  If you didn't have any lateral guidance (the CDI needle moving left and right) you couldn't fly the approach.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

31 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Do you mean vetical guidance?  If you didn't have any lateral guidance (the CDI needle moving left and right) you couldn't fly the approach.

sorry yes NO vertical guidence on the HSI so I can't fly anything with Vertical mins

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I really wonder what my wife is thinking in the bedroom trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep as I mutter to myself "Climbing through 8000, nudge a little there, keeping the TITs up, WHOA"...while Carenado hit it out of the park with this one, I'm struggling to figure out just what went wrong.  Anyone have a clue?  I've got AP on, NAV and ALT engaged and de-icing running but I just lost most of my airspeed and am fighting to stay in the air.  Needless to say AP off, hand flying and now paused.  offensive initials not allowed did I do?

Oh flying out of KPHL into KLGA, bit of weather but not too bad. Definitely IMC but I was just fine and then NOT..

Autopilot MASTER key...word not allowed

Edited by badgenes
stupid

On 5/6/2021 at 4:00 PM, ryanbatcund said:

Do you mean vetical guidance?

Ryan, have you heard anything from anyone else saying that there's no g/s in this plane, or do you think this just might be a non-waas issue having nothing to do with an HSI problem?

On 5/6/2021 at 4:32 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

NO vertical guidence on the HSI

was the rnav approach a "waas" enabled one?...also have you tried an ILS with similar result?

just to add to this i had glide and loc into klga this morning on VOR1 but not the HSI

11 minutes ago, badgenes said:

just to add to this i had glide and loc into klga this morning on VOR1 but not the HSI

Didn't even know there IS a vor1 gauge in the Seneca...where is it placed because in the pics I only notice the HSI?

*Edit - nevermind I see it now (found another pic). Why does it seem that HSI's are broken in terms of g/s indication in msfs? Are all these planes just using the same msfs stock HSI and it's broken and was never fixed by Asobo?

Edited by hangar

18 minutes ago, hangar said:

Didn't even know there IS a vor1 gauge in the Seneca...where is it placed because in the pics I only notice the HSI?

*Edit - nevermind I see it now (found another pic). Why does it seem that HSI's are broken in terms of g/s indication in msfs? Are all these planes just using the same msfs stock HSI and it's broken and was never fixed by Asobo?

They work on an ILS on every plane I have tried that has one. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, hangar said:

Are all these planes just using the same msfs stock HSI and it's broken and was never fixed by Asobo?

Nope, this is a Carenado shortcoming.. Mooney shows the same behavior.

ILS is OK.

Bert

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

They work on an ILS on every plane I have tried that has one. 

Yes sorry...I think I have found that same thing too...the ILS indication functions on HSI but not the Rnav. Which is sort of funny because you'd think that if it were broken it might be the other way around you know?...where the rnav g/s would work on the HSI and the ILS would work on the Nav1...go figure...I wonder why it's the other way around, and why Asobo hasnt fixed yet?

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Nope, this is a Carenado shortcoming.. Mooney shows the same behavior.

ILS is OK.

Bert...I had the same issue on the JF arrow and the LH Trinidad plane as well though...I dont even own a Carenado yet for msfs.

Edited by hangar

Good afternoon everyone.

I have been flying the Seneca for about a week now and I really want to love this airplane. The only real issue I have is that with the GNS 530 mod installed, it seems to cause a CTD almost every flight now. I'm curious if anyone else has seen similar issues. The worrying thing is that I have no real idea what could be causing it.

I don't have many add-ons installed at all, just a few airplanes and the GPS. It doesn't require any action on my part for it to CTD either, it just will after a certain amount of time has passed. Usually this will be in level flight, with cruise power set, NAV1 coupled to the GPS on course with autopilot nav/alt hold engaged. Although earlier today it did also crash once shortly after I selected a GPS approach as well.

I am pretty sure it's not the sim and it is specifically related to the combination of the Seneca + the GNS530. I have done long multi-hops in the WT CJ4 for example without reloading the sim many many times and I've never had CTD issues on this level.

Maybe someone has a similar issue out there?

17 minutes ago, lownslow said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I have been flying the Seneca for about a week now and I really want to love this airplane. The only real issue I have is that with the GNS 530 mod installed, it seems to cause a CTD almost every flight now. I'm curious if anyone else has seen similar issues. The worrying thing is that I have no real idea what could be causing it.

I don't have many add-ons installed at all, just a few airplanes and the GPS. It doesn't require any action on my part for it to CTD either, it just will after a certain amount of time has passed. Usually this will be in level flight, with cruise power set, NAV1 coupled to the GPS on course with autopilot nav/alt hold engaged. Although earlier today it did also crash once shortly after I selected a GPS approach as well.

I am pretty sure it's not the sim and it is specifically related to the combination of the Seneca + the GNS530. I have done long multi-hops in the WT CJ4 for example without reloading the sim many many times and I've never had CTD issues on this level.

I just recovered from well over a month or two  of constant crashes of MSFS., and this week I finally pinned it down to the aircraft I was flying exclusively , the JF Arrow3. I now  fly the Mooney, well over a dozen flights, and zero problems. Fly the Arrow, and two CTDs a day. So now I am gun shy about aircraft and CTDs. This morning I saw a post about the Sentinel on the MSFS forum,. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-else-finding-the-carenado-p34t-seneca-v-still-susceptible-to-ctds/399407/5

So I think I will hold off on getting this aircraft, until this issue is resolved one way or the other. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just recovered from well ove a month of constant crashes of MSFS., and this week I finally pinned it down to the aircraft I was flying, the JF Arrow3. I fly the Mooney, well over a dozen flights, and zero problems. Fly the Arrow, and two CTDs a day. Do now I am gun shy about aircraft and CTDs. This morning I saw a post about the Sentinel on the MSFS forum,. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/anyone-else-finding-the-carenado-p34t-seneca-v-still-susceptible-to-ctds/399407/5

So I think I will hold off on getting this aircraft, until this issue is resolved one way or the other. 

Thank you for linking that thread, I'm glad to see there are others out there like me!

Hopefully Carenado will address it. It really is a fantastic airplane that I've come to enjoy very much, which just makes it that much worse when it does crash.

32 minutes ago, lownslow said:

Good afternoon everyone.

One of the issues with the GNS 530 and GNS750 mods is with the messaging.

Apparently turning messaging off in the MFD can help reduce the chances of a CTD.