Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

46 minutes ago, lownslow said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I have been flying the Seneca for about a week now and I really want to love this airplane. The only real issue I have is that with the GNS 530 mod installed, it seems to cause a CTD almost every flight now. I'm curious if anyone else has seen similar issues. The worrying thing is that I have no real idea what could be causing it.

I don't have many add-ons installed at all, just a few airplanes and the GPS. It doesn't require any action on my part for it to CTD either, it just will after a certain amount of time has passed. Usually this will be in level flight, with cruise power set, NAV1 coupled to the GPS on course with autopilot nav/alt hold engaged. Although earlier today it did also crash once shortly after I selected a GPS approach as well.

I am pretty sure it's not the sim and it is specifically related to the combination of the Seneca + the GNS530. I have done long multi-hops in the WT CJ4 for example without reloading the sim many many times and I've never had CTD issues on this level.

Maybe someone has a similar issue out there?

I got my first ever proper bonafide actual in-flight CTD since a couple last August flying with this GPS mod in the Seneca. After having flown it without the mod for a good 10 hours on multiple flights. I immediately deleted it from my Community folder and it'll not return. A pity as it was rather good.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

44 minutes ago, lownslow said:

Thank you for linking that thread, I'm glad to see there are others out there like me!

Hopefully Carenado will address it. It really is a fantastic airplane that I've come to enjoy very much, which just makes it that much worse when it does crash.

I feel the same about the JF Arrow, but the Mooney is pretty nice to fly too, and alot faster. I'm just hoping the next update doesn't break the Mooney. It's such a pleasure to be able to fly hour after hour with no crashes. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

3 hours ago, lownslow said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I have been flying the Seneca for about a week now and I really want to love this airplane. The only real issue I have is that with the GNS 530 mod installed, it seems to cause a CTD almost every flight now. I'm curious if anyone else has seen similar issues. The worrying thing is that I have no real idea what could be causing it.

I don't have many add-ons installed at all, just a few airplanes and the GPS. It doesn't require any action on my part for it to CTD either, it just will after a certain amount of time has passed. Usually this will be in level flight, with cruise power set, NAV1 coupled to the GPS on course with autopilot nav/alt hold engaged. Although earlier today it did also crash once shortly after I selected a GPS approach as well.

I am pretty sure it's not the sim and it is specifically related to the combination of the Seneca + the GNS530. I have done long multi-hops in the WT CJ4 for example without reloading the sim many many times and I've never had CTD issues on this level.

Maybe someone has a similar issue out there?

Question, does it CTD if you remove the 530 MOd. ?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

for vr users, couple of items with this model:

the default vc eyepoint (cameras.cfg) should be modified to 

[Views]
//eyepoint = -8.20, -0.95, 2.18 
eyepoint = -7.51, -0.95, 2.31 

also, the vc panel light file is LIGHT_CARENADO_Gauge.fx (pa44 is pointing to asobo's global file), the clipping in vr can be fixed by changing to the following (at end of file)

[LightAttributes.0]
Type=spot
Size=0.0
Range=0.165
Intensity=1.2
Softness=0.0
SpotInner=43.7
SpotOuter=79.152
Volumetric=0
ScatDir=0.0

whenever the model gets an update, these changes have to be made again if it was overwritten.

separately, for the pa44 model, vc eyepoint for vr is 

[Views]
//eyepoint = -6.75, -0.9, 1.4 
eyepoint = -6.0409104, -0.9, 1.53 

both are good models for slow and low, would be nice to get a rxp treatment in the future with hsi driven by the gps.  

carenado should do the c337 and the pc12 next.

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

A good purchase.  A blast from the past that is fun to fly.  If it flys to one side adjust the rudder trim.

Great engine sounds IMO.

No CTDs here.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

23 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

If it flys to one side adjust the rudder trim

Unless it's out of balance I imagine that it shouldn't fly to one side, especially considering it's got counter rotating props. 

Does yours actually tend to fly pulling to one side?

Sometimes left or right.  -5.5 working well now in a FL120 cruise on AP.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Just now, bean_sprout said:

Sometimes left or right.  -5.5 working well now in a FL120 cruise on AP.

Cheers

bs

Well if it's sometimes to one side then the other it sounds like it's either weather related or some sort of issue relating to unbalanced weight.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, Dillon said:

No head motion???  Not sure what sim your using.  As I said above most sound sets in the sim sound as it would if you had headsets on in the cockpit which is how it should be and always is in the real world.  I'm surprised XPlane's sound sets don't model this.  Loud cockpit soundsets went out back in the FS9 days (I skipped FSX).  Just like Eric Ernst's 767 ushered in proper cockpit sounds for airliners instead of sounding like you were in the cabin over the engines Dreamfleet did the same in the A36 with the headset option. If your sitting in the cockpit you have a headset on.

you couldn't be farther from the truth here, the XP11 add-ons have fabulous sounds, XP Realistic adds the motion, vibration, rattles that are missing from the default planes, we need this in 2020!! but I only have 10,000 hours now flying corporate jets so, what do I know

• Like 1

After doing a heli tour around NY for 40 mins, the one think that hit me the most was sitting next to the pilot, how noisy the Bell was, you could not hear yourself talk, but placing the headset on...I could not hear a thing, the only thing you could hear was coming through the head set, switchs etc made no noise that you could hear at all. The amount of sound deadening was amazing but what do I know I have 0 hours in jets and only 2 hours in a 152, that also was the same onces headsets here on.

Having said that I do like to hear everything in the sim.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have a mod that I made for X-plane 11 actually...it works with any aircraft and simulates the headset environment for your ears by deadening much of the sound you hear. Just flick a switch and you hear a little electronic beep (just so users know they've turned ON their "headset" effect) and then the sound you hear gets diminished by about 70% or so. Flick the switch again to take the "headset" OFF.

There were also a couple of aircraft devs who included this sort of feature in their planes...you'd actually have to click on the headset jack in the cockpit to enable/disable the effect. Would like to see plane makers include this feature in their aircraft for msfs now...it does add to the immersion, IMO.

Just did a nice flight at FL190 from KAVX to KSEZ.  Not the best landing but the plane was capable.  No CTD either and not using the 530 mod.

Great plane.

Cheers

bs

On 5/11/2021 at 6:23 AM, JETPETER2 said:

the XP11 add-ons have fabulous sounds

I couldn't agree more. The sound in XPL gives a very intense experience which is lacking in MSFS. Yesterday I flew the ERJ in XPL and then went into MSFS and did the same flight in the CJ4. Both flights were very enjoyable, but the sounds in the ERJ just made the experience more visceral. If it were possible to get this feeling in MSFS I would drop XPL in a heartbeat, but as things stand right now, that's not going to happen...

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

On 5/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, Bobsk8 said:

Question, does it CTD if you remove the 530 MOd. ?

It seems that the crashing is related to the 530 mod somehow. It occurs for me in the Mooney occasionally as well. I haven't been able to determine what causes it. Otherwise, no problems at all with the Seneca without the mod. Beautiful airplane.

1 hour ago, lownslow said:

It seems that the crashing is related to the 530 mod somehow. It occurs for me in the Mooney occasionally as well. I haven't been able to determine what causes it. Otherwise, no problems at all with the Seneca without the mod. Beautiful airplane.

I have had dozens and dozens of crashes, too many to count, without the 530 mod.