Sign in to follow this  
mmoosburger

Autopilot quits NAV mode after every completed Leg (solved)

Hi,

i have a strange behaviour on my GTN 750 used in a Carenado Meridian with a G1000 inside. I use the GTN in a popup window. Everything works fine despite one thing.

GTN is in Master mode and G1000 should not talk to the autopilot. The behaviour is the following

- I enter the flightplan (not importing but manually entering) into the GTN - i see in parallel that on the G1000 flightplan page the waypoint is displayed too. When i enter the second waypoint the display on the G1000 is weird numbers but not my point entered - in GTN it's normal.

_ when is start flying i realize that on the map of the GTN the whole legs are printed but on the MFD G1000 not. There is only the active leg shown. When the plane in NAV mode reaches the end of the leg autopilot quits NAV mode. I wait 3 seconds activate Nav mode again the next leg is shown on the G1000 Map - GPS captures the leg and returns to the active leg. This continues until i switch to APROACH mode where all legs are done perfectly. ILS or RNP both work fine.

I saw the topic in other forums too but do not know how to solve it - if its a problem of the GTN or the G1000 not getting all the legs. But it is strange that the G1000 still interferes in a brak of NAV mode even though the GTN should guide the AP.

Help would be really nice of you guys.

r. mike

Hi,

There are 2 different issues and both are expected.

First, the G1000 is not any other GPS but a stock device which doesn't respect the "gps_override" dataref. Because of this, it will always have authority on the GPS flight plan sequencing using X-Plane internal GPS route, and on the autopilot modes engagement logic, regardless of 3rd party GPS plugin telling otherwise.

Second, the GTN is overriding the active X-Plane internal GPS route in directly writing the next waypoint. This is part of the logic needed to make "gps_override" working with regard to gauges and autopilot modes. However, the GTN only overrides the next wpt by default because none other is needed. You can however configure the GTN to output the entire next active waypoints. The G1000 in this case might display them as a series of WPT connected by straight legs, and some WPT names might show numbers instead of ICAO. Both are limitations of the XP SDK: the plugins can only write up to 100 wpts connected as DTO legs, and the plugins can't add wpts with names not already in X-Plane database. When doing so, the wpt name is automatically renamed using its LAT and LON values to form a new name.

Usually you wouldn't use a GTN with a G1000 aircraft though because the G1000 is an EFIS but also a GPS.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

thx for the answer - i read a lot of threads regarding the topic and i found a solution by sending the waypoints permanently - this works fine - i do not need to have all the waypoints displayed on the G1000 - i need only that the GTN works fine which it does in an amazing way. I fly in real a meridian with an avidyne - avidyne in real live. The solution i have is now working sufficient for me as the plane behaves like in real.

Supercool would be if the new avydine from torquesim would be adapted to the meridian too - different engine page - then i would have no wishes any more.

thx for ur support!!

r. mike

• Like 1