Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

How to build an Airbus A380 in 7 mn approximately...

Guest RiddlePilot

So they have to do this with every 380? Or was the wing being carried through the street just a publicity stunt? I'd be a little ticked if I were a resident of that town and this was to become a regular occurance.

Guest oyvindhansen

I think it will be a regular occurence, as the wings and body sections are made elsewhere. Discovery channel aired some shows about the huge efforts involved in transporting parts from Germany, Britain and China. The sheer size of the A380's parts makes renders the usual Airbus way of transportation useless, though early on they contemplated moving the wings on the roof of another aircraft. I don't think the residents of the town will mind too much, most of them probably work for Airbus anyway.-

yes...it is quite amazing what three large G8 countries can do when competing against a single US private company.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

compare populations and GDP, please.Oh and Boeing outsources many things to different countries

Guest oyvindhansen

Please don't start that tired old debate again. What is shown in the video is interesting in its own right, no matter what the company is called.-

Yes, they will be transporting sections of the A380 through that town for every single A380 they produce. No other way to get them from the seaport to the assembly plant....The wing is probably one of the easier parts to take through the town but don't know by how much)..... The fuselage sections clear the buildings by about a foot or a foot and a half on either side. One "oops" and a wall goes byebye....I don't know if they're considering doing it, or decided to do it already or not, but I think it's just a matter of time before they decide to build a bypass highway around the town so the aircraft sections can go safely around the town instead of through it.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE