Sign in to follow this  
DarkMantle

Anyone else getting 15 minute load times after the update?

Sim isn't even usable.  Takes over a minute to select a plane. The Earth map is delayed by about 25 seconds too.  The mouse is also very slow and delayed. Anyone else?

Edited by DarkMantle

My load time is the same as before.

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Nope. Never had that ever.. You got problems elsewhere.

One thing I know that will dramatically increase load times is large scale poorly imported scenery  from Google.  Someone made Center City Philadelphia and they literally imported a good 10 mile square block of Center City and it was a pig of a system resource and doubled load times.. Deleted it..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Don't know. Have not flown (played) MSFS since before that last update.  Back in FSX SE with tons of 3rd party support.   Aircraft, avionics, weather, cloud textures, traffic, MSE3, ATC, etc.

I fly!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

30 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

Sim isn't even usable.  Takes over a minute to select a plane. The Earth map is delayed by about 25 seconds too.  The mouse is also very slow and delayed. Anyone else?

Comes off has very irrational to say the sim isn't even usable when 10's thousands are playing right now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

Comes off has very irrational to say the sim isn't even usable when 10's thousands are playing right now.

I mean Sim isn't usable for me in this current condition.  I don't know what happened to it.  It was fine before the update.  Even closing it takes a long time.  I select close and the button does not react for almost a minute

30 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

when 10's thousands are "playing"

Great statement!  Thanks!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

29 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

I love  it when someone posts they are having a problem, and someone else jumps in to belittle the person. 😡

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

I mean Sim isn't usable for me in this current condition.  I don't know what happened to it.  It was fine before the update.  Even closing it takes a long time.  I select close and the button does not react for almost a minute

I would clear my community folder (copy to another location) and see what happens as you add the files back

11 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I love  it when someone posts they are having a problem, and someone else jumps in to belittle the person. 😡

ITs not belittling .... folks today are so thin skinned.   

Solved it. Bad display driver. I installed the latest AMD driver for my Radeon 5700 and it killed it. Rolled it back and all is good 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DarkMantle said:

Solved it. Bad display driver. I installed the latest AMD driver for my Radeon 5700 and it killed it. Rolled it back and all is good 

I had a rule for years when I flew FS9 and P3D. Updating to the latest driver many times is a recipe for disaster, unless the driver you are currently using doesn't work well. Once I got a driver that works, I leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310