Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Green color where it should not be ?

22 hours ago, pmb said:

There is a recent mod which tries to solve this (and other) MSFS color artefacts using Reshade

https://de.flightsim.to/file/10366/corsten-s-reshade-settings

I didn't try it myself as my previous experience with Reshade hasn't been that convincing, but anyone wanting to try it is free to do so.

Kind regards, Michael

What could the problem be with using it ? If there are any is it not just to remove it ?

21 minutes ago, jfri said:

What could the problem be with using it ? If there are any is it not just to remove it ?

Shouldn't be an issue, I think he just meant the results of the color after using it. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

37 minutes ago, jfri said:

There's no problem removing it. I just got tired by experimenting with Reshade under X-Plane to get that khaki-grey out of it time ago. There are presets, but you can combine the shaders, and then you try to optimize, add some HDR, and whatnot and finally you end up in some Disney land. I got rid of Reshade when Xvision became available. Problem solved.

I can also hardly imagine one mod to rule them all. I mean, there are plenty of roads which are perfectly grey, but then there some - usually within some region - with a heavy green tint. How does the mod "understand" where to apply corrections?

In the end, I just prefer flying over tweaking. I've done more than enough of tweaking over the years.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 5/1/2021 at 1:53 AM, pmb said:

There is a recent mod which tries to solve this (and other) MSFS color artefacts using Reshade

https://de.flightsim.to/file/10366/corsten-s-reshade-settings

I didn't try it myself as my previous experience with Reshade hasn't been that convincing, but anyone wanting to try it is free to do so.

Kind regards, Michael

I can't use that. I am supposed to choose FlightSimulator.exe with ReShade (run as administrator) but that gives the message that the file can't be accessed by the system

1 minute ago, jfri said:

I can't use that. I am supposed to choose FlightSimulator.exe with ReShade (run as administrator) but that gives the message that the file can't be accessed by the system

That's the MS Store version. If memory serves me right, there have been recipes (here and/or on the official forum) to locate the flightsimulator.exe despite the access restrictions. Try a search.

I have the Steam version where it's all transparent.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

5 hours ago, pmb said:

That's the MS Store version. If memory serves me right, there have been recipes (here and/or on the official forum) to locate the flightsimulator.exe despite the access restrictions. Try a search.

I have the Steam version where it's all transparent.

Kind regards, Michael

I found something called ReShadeforUWP which was supposed to work with the store version. After running the only executable found in that archive ReshadeforUWP.exe I got confused.  Two options a button to choose program to run among which were not MSFS. Another button to first start the program which I did and then press a button. No selecting a ini file. After doing this I had a terrible disturbing sound with MSFS and the green roads were still there.

35 minutes ago, harpsi said:

Is this feature a sort of HDR so that we don't need to use one HDR monitor?

No, because the green also appears on bing maps.

It's the data source not the sim.