Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

how do you trim the A320?

Guest wstcoaster07

How the heck do you trim a A320? whenever i hit my trim key it doesnt trim the plane. When i look at the trim wheel i see it move like one notch and then move right back, as if it is locked or something. Anyone know what to do or why it does this? thanks.

For the 100th time, the A320 FBW system autotrims the aircraft. Just point to the required pitch and let go. The fly by wire will take care of trimming it.I would suggest some reading up on FBW systems........

Guest kingairvols

gjharrall You mentioned"I would suggest some reading up on FBW systems........"I was courious if you ment in FSX learning center and or if there some other links you might reference for us. I have a basic understanding of "fly by wire" but a lot to absorbe in refence of responce times and charateristics. I appreciate any help.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest wstcoaster07

Yea sorry, I should have read before i posted (noticed it like 10 minutes after i posted). I see the FBW part but I did not see in any of the posts anybody who actually had it FBW correctly (or workably i mean) that is, When i am at cruise and set my pitch, the plane still either slightly climbs or slightly descends.

>Yea sorry, I should have read before i posted (noticed it>like 10 minutes after i posted). I see the FBW part but I did>not see in any of the posts anybody who actually had it FBW>correctly (or workably i mean) that is, When i am at cruise>and set my pitch, the plane still either slightly climbs or>slightly descends. I hadn't even thought about the FBW trim, but I did use the Airbus for a flight across the Hawaiian Islands for the "wing" view. I noticed that it held trim very close, almost as if on auto-pilot, but not completely. I would suppose that's as good as it could get without actually setting the A/P.L.Adamson

Guest iwantmydc3

I dont like that FBW stuff. When I'm flying the airbus, I bring up the overhead panel, and turn off all the flight computers. Then you can fly it as you like including not hearing it cry about your "sink rate" while you're landing :(

My friend, if it cries about your sink rate then you

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>I dont like that FBW stuff. When I'm flying the airbus, I>bring up the overhead panel, and turn off all the flight>computers. Then you can fly it as you like including not>hearing it cry about your "sink rate" while you're landing :(You are joking surely.......

Guest allcott

No, the real joke comes when you try to find this kind of information in the Learning Center.Just something else the ACES team `forgot`. There is no detailed technical information on the Airbus in the sim, and some of what is there is a direct port from the 737, and just wrong.The only question is whether it was done deliberately as part of the innate parochialism of the FS product or whether it was a symptom of the rush to finish.In either case, it needs fixing in the first patch, pronto. Allcott

Agreed, but it's not exactly hard to look up FBW on the net now is it?If you are a 'newbie' with FSX, I would suggest that you have more pressing issues to deal with, like 'how to get it to run on my 2 year old Dell?'Hopefully a good % have found there way to AVSIM.........Glenn

Guest Peter Wilding

Not sure if this is a helpful remark.you see the point is that it's pretty much impossible to fly it straight and level as the input from primitive FSX controls as over sensitive near the null zone. In other words, yes, the FBW (Fly by wire) system on the real aircraft will trim the aircraft the bottom line is a CH PRODUCTS Yoke/flightstick is not up to the same feel as the real thing.Net result is it's not really possible to fly the FSX Airbus by hand and to be fair this is not often done in the real world either. Airbus is a pretty much automatic flight system though I'm no expert on it.I could find out though because I've got 5 developers building one for me for commercial release later this year, early next year.If there are any real airbus pilots who would like to help out with testing later or even in the alpha stage please let me know.p.wilding@btopenworld.com

Guest iwantmydc3

>My friend, if it cries about your sink rate then you

Guest iwantmydc3

>>I dont like that FBW stuff. When I'm flying the airbus, I>>bring up the overhead panel, and turn off all the flight>>computers. Then you can fly it as you like including not>>hearing it cry about your "sink rate" while you're landing>:(>>>>You are joking surely.......> Nope, not at all, I just fly it like a big a** cessna