Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

how do you trim the A320?

Guest iwantmydc3

>Not sure if this is a helpful remark.>>you see the point is that it's pretty much impossible to fly>it straight and level as the input from primitive FSX controls>as over sensitive near the null zone. In other words, yes, the>FBW (Fly by wire) system on the real aircraft will trim the>aircraft the bottom line is a CH PRODUCTS Yoke/flightstick is>not up to the same feel as the real thing.>>Net result is it's not really possible to fly the FSX Airbus>by hand and to be fair this is not often done in the real>world either. Airbus is a pretty much automatic flight system>though I'm no expert on it.>>I could find out though because I've got 5 developers building>one for me for commercial release later this year, early next>year.>>If there are any real airbus pilots who would like to help out>with testing later or even in the alpha stage please let me>know.>>p.wilding@btopenworld.comHA, I don't even have CH I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO stick no pedals. I would think that the airbus in real life, just like the other FS planes is about 500 times easier to fly--I have flown Cessnas for real and I know there is a universe of difference :)

Of course ;-)Hi Howard, hope all is well with you!

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Peter Wilding

yes, agreed.I fly real aircraft too when I get the chance. And yes, a huge difference how real aircraft fly.On the plus side in general I would say the ground effect and feel in FSX is superior to FS9.On the down side joysticks and input controls still feel nothing like the real thing.One of the biggest reasons is because fSX does not handle aircraft properly. For example, in a real aircraft when you push the nose down then let go of the stick it will oscillate and gradually come back to around the same level and pitch it was at before.In FSX/9 push the stick down and you'll end up in an over speed and a dive bomb and though it may oscillate the frequency will will far too low and the amplitude far to big.So when people say this has been tested they should give a report that says, and breaks down each aspect that's done well and not simply say. "tested by real pilots" as if that makes it right.I'm working on various aircraft for FSX and expect to see some changes in this respect and the way certification is going to work for our aircraft.Peter

Peter,Manual flight in various situations using the sidestick is common practice in many airline SOP's for the Airbus, primarily coupled with the use of autothrust.

Guest Peter Wilding

Interesting.It's going to be hard to fly manually the FSX version of the Airbus.I'll have to ensure the team I've got working on a commercial one get this aspect realistic for FSX.Peter

Guest stems

I have imported the PSS A320 and in general it works well except no AP on approach. I never use AP for approach (not even with a B737). Usually I land with Autotrust but handle the rest manually, I consider my landings good even with 15 knots cross winds (accoridng to my specs which may be wrong). What I learnt is only from FS (since FS98), reading these forms, manuals and experimentation, I have never been in a cockpit and I tought I share how I do my landings in case somebody can guide me to improve them and be more realistic.In general I make sure that the airplane is within acceptable weight, not more the 30% fuel on board. I use the FMC to read the landing speed at full flaps. When the glide slope is within the capture area (around 10 miles out and 3000 feet) I make sure that I am at around 135 to 140 as regards speed and also full flaps (usually as indicated by the FMC), next push on the joystick to set for the decscent rate, then wheels down and arm auto spoilers from then onwards using the joystick to adjusting the pitch to keep within acceptable decent rate and have the glide slope and localiser within limits. When runway within sight I continue visual approach to correct for winds, when within 50 feet I will switch off autotrottle and go to idle. Revers trust and brakes after touch down.I wish to know how I can be more realistic, I am sure there are many experts around who can point some wrong doings.Tony

Autothrust should disconnect when BOTH levers are moved to idle. It should not need a separate action.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs