Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Cosford Flight Sim Show 2021 - how confident are you?

With restrictions on public gatherings in the UK being lifted over the next couple of months how confident are you that there’ll be a flight sim show at RAF Cosford this autumn?

I’m going to say 90% confident maybe with the proviso you’re only admitted with proof of having had your vaccinations.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’ll raise you to 95% and make the addition of proof of vaccination OR proof of recent negative test.

Either way I really do hope it goes ahead, I can see no reason for it not to now . 

Edited by jon b
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

@jon b👍 I hope @tutmeister is taking a big transit van with him. They'll be flying off the 'virtual shelves'!

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If there is a Cosford Flightsim Show this year, then I will be there. However, information regarding the show would (in past years) already have been received by now, so I am not quite as confident as both of you that it will be taking place.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I’ve just searched for the 2020 show and JustFlight made the announcement on their Facebook page it would be cancelled on 5 May. So it seems an announcement might be imminent after the Bank Holiday.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hopefully it will be on. If so I daresay I'll be there.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great post, Ray. It certainly brightens up my day, given the current nay-say weather. Will follow this thread keenly.

@vc10man, nice to hear from you Rick. 😁 Hopefully I’ll be able to drag Pete Dowson down and I imagine John will come too assuming travel from Spain is allowed.

Maybe a group photo would be in order. I remember one being taken outside the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham around 15-20 years ago.

God, the passage of time is scary. 😬

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think it will depend on if JF want to take the gamble cancelling at a later date may cost, and overseas exhibiters being able to attend.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I think it will depend on if JF want to take the gamble cancelling at a later date may cost, and overseas exhibiters being able to attend.   

Given the overseas visitors are likely to come from the US the enormous number of daily vaccinations taking place over there would appear to make it a green light country.

The whole of the adult UK population will have had their vaccinations by October. If events are cancelled it would be a major surprise. No, it would be a major shock and suggest a new variant resistant to the vaccine has emerged.

That seems highly unlikely imho.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It will be much longer than next autumn before I go anywhere near any crowds, even though tomorrow I am to receive my second vaccination. We may be apparently doing well in the UK at the moment but memories are short and it is not long since we were reaping what was sown in the relaxed behaviour of last summer. Stories from the rest of the world continue to dissuade too much optimism for an early end to all this.

2 hours ago, Reader said:

We may be apparently doing well in the UK at the moment but memories are short and it is not long since we were reaping what was sown in the relaxed behaviour of last summer.

Last summer no-one had been vaccinated. Big difference. Big test event in Liverpool this weekend. No masks or social distancing. Youngsters are loving it. Results will be known in a week.

The flightsim group I'm a member of has been advised we can resume our monthly meetings in July. Masks may be needed but as long as we've all had our vaccinations I'm fine with that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would rather rely on the judgement of scientists rather than that of government. I have my opinion and you have yours, they do not need to be the same.

1 hour ago, Reader said:

I would rather rely on the judgement of scientists rather than that of government. I have my opinion and you have yours, they do not need to be the same.

But all the UK government’s decisions (for England) are driven by scientific advice. Hence the five week gap between each easing phase. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion. I never suggested you weren’t.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If we do not at least try to get back to normal when the vaccination programme has effectively been completed, then we will stay in this twilight zone of an existence forever. Whether that day comes in time for the Cosford Flightsim Show in October is not entirely certain.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png