Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Cosford Flight Sim Show 2021 - how confident are you?

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

If we do not at least try to get back to normal when the vaccination programme has effectively been completed, then we will stay in this twilight zone of an existence forever. Whether that day comes in time for the Cosford Flightsim Show in October is not entirely certain.

The problem is also what other country`s do Turkey just shut down, in an few months other country`s may impose harder rules this is why some big tech shows have already been cancelled in favour of virtual on line shows.   

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But all the UK government’s decisions (for England) are driven by scientific advice. 

Experience so far would tend to suggest that this view is a little over optimistic.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Reader said:

Experience so far would tend to suggest that this view is a little over optimistic.

And this is where I bow out of the discussion. My question was simply to ask what people thought the chances of the show going ahead would be.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And this is where I bow out of the discussion. My question was simply to ask what people thought the chances of the show going ahead would be.

Yeah let's leave the politics there, we can differ in opinion! I'd like to see some familiar faces from here again, so I'm thinking positive 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

21 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@vc10man, nice to hear from you Rick. 😁 Hopefully I’ll be able to drag Pete Dowson down and I imagine John will come too assuming travel from Spain is allowed.

Maybe a group photo would be in order. I remember one being taken outside the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham around 15-20 years ago.

God, the passage of time is scary. 😬

Thanks, Ray. Been away from flight simming for a bit, and here after a very recent 2 months hospitalisation following a major heat surgery. On the mend gradually, now. But not yet taken up flight simming again. Maybe one day in the future.

I hope I can get to Cosford 2021 if it happens, fingers crossed. A group photo would be a great idea, Ray, but where is the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham located? Same sire as the Cosford Flightsim Show 2021? Look forward to seeing fellow-simmers there if no transport snags getting there. I may ask Alan's kindness again..

Yes, that passage of time is real scary as I personally discovered last September when out of the blue that heart attack hit me.

Hi Rick, I’m sorry to hear about your heart scare but pleased you’re making a good recovery following surgery. You were very fortunate to have it under the circumstances. My best for a speedy recovery.

The National Motorcycle Museum was the home of the flight sim show until a disastrous fire around 2007.  It’s to the south of the city not far from EGBB.

Cosford is an RAF base to the NW of Birmingham. Brilliant museum!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

it would be a major shock and suggest a new variant resistant to the vaccine has emerged.

We already have a "new variant resistant to the vaccine..." They are collectively known as the "anti-vaccers." :ph34r:

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for those kind wishes, Ray. Have a great Bank holiday.

• Like 1

Since FSExpo in the USA is scheduled for September 24-26, I remain sceptical that Cosford will happen this year (at least at the usual time of early October).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 5/1/2021 at 2:57 PM, Reader said:

It will be much longer than next autumn before I go anywhere near any crowds, even though tomorrow I am to receive my second vaccination. We may be apparently doing well in the UK at the moment but memories are short and it is not long since we were reaping what was sown in the relaxed behaviour of last summer. Stories from the rest of the world continue to dissuade too much optimism for an early end to all this.

I'm with you. I had both jabs back in January but I still avoid crowds like the plague (pardon the pun). Until we know a lot more about the origin/spread of variants I'm not going anywhere. It ain't over yet.....

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just had it confirmed no Cosford Show this year hopefully next year was the answer from JF on there forum, in reply to my asking about Cosford.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am disappointed, but it is not a surprise. Let us all hope and pray that Cosford 2022 will go ahead, and that we can all meet again some sunny day (cue Dame Vera Lynn.....) :wink:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wise decision not to go ahead with it. Yeah it's disappointing, but it's not as disappointing as getting ill or being dead, or making someone else ill and putting them at risk.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

46 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Just had it confirmed no Cosford Show this year hopefully next year was the answer from JF on there forum, in reply to my asking about Cosford.

Thanks Raymond. Hopefully next year it will be on.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I have to say that is extremely disappointing news. The average death rate from COVID in the UK in the last 7 days has been less than 10. By mid-June all restrictions in England are due to be lifted. Everyone over 18 in the UK, the rest of Europe and the US will have been vaccinated.  Where is the risk?

Cosford is over 3 months on from June. I cannot understand their logic. 😟

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather