Sign in to follow this  
Acerazus

Unable to reduce brightness of nav lights on A320

Hello,

I've recently purchased the AI Lights Reborn pro edition. I'm still trying to get used to the configurator so apologies if the solution to my problem was just a missing step.

I've noticed that the AIG A320's nav lights are very bright to the point they illuminate on the ground. I've also noticed that the B737s have no nav lights on at all. Apart from that, all the other planes seem to use the light presets that I applied via the configurator. I have clicked on "Reset SimObjects" and "Verify Setup" in the OCI settings, with no luck.

Lastly, as I fly on vatsim most of the time, is there an option to override Vpilot lighting behaviour on other aircraft? I notice a lot where pilots seem to leave their strobes on when at stand, especially those flying in the A320 family. I believe that pilots flying the Airbus have left the strobes in the AUTO position when on stand. Here, I'm guessing that Vpilot is assuming that AUTO=ON and so the strobe lights illuminate, when in reality they haven't.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Acerazus said:

I've noticed that the AIG A320's nav lights are very bright to the point they illuminate on the ground. I've also noticed that the B737s have no nav lights on at all. Apart from that, all the other planes seem to use the light presets that I applied via the configurator. I have clicked on "Reset SimObjects" and "Verify Setup" in the OCI settings, with no luck.

Are you using the expert interface?  If not enable it, find the airplanes with the issue on the available next to the list settings, click preview.

If the airplane displays a warning, it means that it has the effects attached to the model, so previews don't work because the effects get cached by P3D. But check first the airplane looks good or bad with the AILRP preview module first.

I suspect you have an effect conflict with Aigm oci, so instead of seeing FSReborn effects, you are seeing the default effects instead for these airplanes.

@Kaiii3 what's the best method to clean the conflict with OCI?

Regarding VPilot, I planned to do something about this, but to override it is very hard given VPilot will trigger it again and also there is no way to identify VPilot injected traffic from normal SimConnect injected traffic l, therefore I would have to override lighting behaviors for the entire simulator always and the performance impact would be very heavy.

I suggest you reach out to VPilot developers instead so they correct their lighting behaviors since they are wrong anyway..

Regards,

Simbol 

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently in expert mode and this is what I see with default settings for the A320 family: https://prnt.sc/12d8gvq

I created a group which focused on the A320 family. I've adjusted the settings for the nav and strobe lights however no changes were made even though I applied the settings.

I'm guessing you're right that I'm having some effect conflict with AIG OCI? All A320 family models are from FAIB.

1 hour ago, Acerazus said:

I'm guessing you're right that I'm having some effect conflict with AIG OCI? All A320 family models are from FAIB.

Yes must be that, let's wait for @Kaiii3 whos is the developer of AIGM-OCI to advice the best way to proceed and avoid re-installing anything.

Regards,

Simbol 

Hey,

here some questions I need to know to get an basic understanding of what is might going on:

1)P3Dv4 or v5?

2) After Running OCI "Verify Setup", AILRP Apply Effects and a restart of AIM are the files in <OCI>\Effects called "*.ailrp"?

3) Does this happen on ALL A32X Models or just a few?

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

7 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Hey,

here some questions I need to know to get an basic understanding of what is might going on:

1)P3Dv4 or v5?

2) After Running OCI "Verify Setup", AILRP Apply Effects and a restart of AIM are the files in <OCI>\Effects called "*.ailrp"?

3) Does this happen on ALL A32X Models or just a few?

Hi,

1) P3D v4.5

2) There is no .ailrp file in the Effects folder. I've noticed that since updating AIM to 1.0.2 I always get a message asking me to verify files every time I load the program. Also, when clicking on "Verify Setup" it runs something but then the entire AIM closes, is that normal?

3) So far it's affecting all A32X models I'm seeing. I forgot to mention that they don't have the while nav light on the rear for some reason.

1 minute ago, Acerazus said:

Hi,

1) P3D v4.5

2) There is no .ailrp file in the Effects folder. I've noticed that since updating AIM to 1.0.2 I always get a message asking me to verify files every time I load the program. Also, when clicking on "Verify Setup" it runs something but then the entire AIM closes, is that normal?

3) So far it's affecting all A32X models I'm seeing. I forgot to mention that they don't have the while nav light on the rear for some reason.

please report over at the AIG Forum with your latest logs

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

7 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

please report over at the AIG Forum with your latest logs

Done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acerazus said:

@Kaiii3 is still looking into it.

Okay, here's an update:

The addon.xml file was corrupted because I saw the prompt when loading AILRP for the first time to remove the effects section in the addon.xml because I am still using FLAI models. Ended up reinstalling AILRP. After reinstalling, AIM successfully managed to verify files. This solved the missing nav lights on my 737s. However, it has still not fixed the issue of being able to adjust the nav lights on the A320 family. I disabled dynamic light intensity and so there should be no nav lights reflections off the ground. After applying that setting and restarting P3D, it seems that no changes were made.

Edited by Acerazus

12 minutes ago, Acerazus said:

Okay, here's an update:

The addon.xml file was corrupted because I saw the prompt when loading AILRP for the first time to remove the effects section in the addon.xml because I am still using FLAI models. Ended up reinstalling AILRP. After reinstalling, AIM successfully managed to verify files. This solved the missing nav lights on my 737s. However, it has still not fixed the issue of being able to adjust the nav lights on the A320 family. I disabled dynamic light intensity and so there should be no nav lights reflections off the ground. After applying that setting and restarting P3D, it seems that no changes were made.

Right.. you are supposed to remove the Effects .xml entry from FLAI addo-on.xml, not from the AI Lights reborn 😆

Most likely there is an effect conflict with FLAI since they also have FAIB models with the same effects names as OCI.. check that.

Regards,

Simbol

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Right.. you are supposed to remove the Effects .xml entry from FLAI addo-on.xml, not from the AI Lights reborn 😆

haha, whoops my mistake!

Edited by Acerazus