Sign in to follow this  
disco79stu

Future idea: FS2TrainingCrew

Hi,

Just an idea, I’d love a “Training Crew Expansion Pack”. Maybe some day you’ll find the time to develop a training captain, who will perform all necessary flows during a base training circuit especially during touch-and-go’s. The official Airbus Base Training Syllabi show quite an amount of duties/actions that are pretty challenging to do properly when flying alone (setting speed brakes, flaps, trim, rudder etc., all while staying in the centreline and handling thrust and controls in the correct way and order).

I know, far fetched, nevertheless I put the idea out there 🙂

Thanks,
Stu

Not totally sure I follow.

The virtual FO will do the flows in a circuit.

Basically a circuit is like a tiny little flight all wrapped into a very small space (with same checklists and calls).  Difference is the AP should be off and you'll use the bird and things happen fast.  Lots of talking!

16 hours ago, byork said:

Basically a circuit is like a tiny little flight all wrapped into a very small space (with same checklists and calls)

Hi Bryan,

thanks for your response. But I'm not sure I agree with you 100%. 

Training circuits are indeed in some parts different from actual flights, and touch-and-go's are not the same as go-arounds. For instance, the flap setting is different, and the thrust reduction altitude might be as well etc..
If you look at Airbus' Base Training Syllabi, the procedures and callouts of an instructor can be quite different to a PM's duties too...

iPjql7J.png

But you know, in the current version of FS2Crew for the labs, we already model circuits.

Select "VISUAL PATTERN" for the Approach Type option.

Check the manuals please.

"Stand Up" and "No Brakes No Reverse" is already in our code, but Visual Pattern must be selected for it to trigger.

Cheers,

My sincerest apologies, I was not aware of this. I did read that there is a visual pattern approach mode, but it was mentioned so briefly what it means, it must have slipped by me. I remember trying it out before, but I messed something up and thought it's just for visual approaches. Sorry, shame on me. I will give it another try! Thanks!!!

Thanks for your patience. But this I should have seen.;) 

Still, I'm having some issue I can't find answers to... It's working really well until I touch down, where the PM just blindly calls "Stand Up - Go - Thrust Set" in a row, without me doing anything yet... And he's not re-setting the trim to the initially calculated CG, so I barely get the thing back in the air again when I have a pretty low CG (the airbus itself is resetting to 0.0 THS afaik). ..... Do I maybe have to set certain things first? I seem to be missing something. There is no tutorial PDF for this, right?

We can't read or set the trim very well due to technical limits (no SDK), so we have to make comprises and try to guess things.

Things happen very fast once you hit the runway so I made "Stand Up.. Go ...Thrust Set" trigger together in sequence with a 1 seconds pause between each word.

We're assuming you're going to be going quick.

Cheers,

Ah, I see! Okay, then it's not triggered by anything I do. Good to know.
From what I have seen in videos, the time between "Stand Up " and "Go" is usually longer (5-10 sec, depending on how fast the trim resets), so I was a little confused. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, byork said:

but then again you don't want to hear "GO" when you're way over VR either.

That is correct, but unlikely to happen I think. You'd probably run out of runway when you wait this long 🙂

From what I understand, after t/d the instructor disarms the spoilers and calls "Stand Up" for you advance the thrust levers a few centimetres in order to avoid the engines going into ground idle, then wait for the trim to reset and then the Instructor would call "Go".
While this may take a few seconds, I doubt you'll reach VR within that time on this thrust setting.

If you choose to add a few seconds between the two, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks!