Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Legs hanging under Cessna 172's in the sim

I thought this would have been fixed by now but Asobo is letting this oversite site there without a fix.  Am I the only one seeing legs hanging for AI Cessna 172's when they taxi on the ground in the sim?

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Perhaps it's a bit of trickery, like in a check ride, to see if you are staying focused in the left seat!  LOL!
What happens when you retract the gears?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Perhaps it's a bit of trickery, like in a check ride, to see if you are staying focused in the left seat!  LOL!
What happens when you retract the gears?

I'm talking about the fixed wing AI 172 aircraft in the sim.  My aircraft is fine but when taxing on the ground looking at other GA aircraft the Cessna 172's always look like they pulled off and dragging some unfortunate ground crew who forgot to get out of the way. The legs stick out from the center of the aircraft like the Flintstones.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I'm talking about the fixed wing AI 172 aircraft in the sim.  My aircraft is fine but when taxing on the ground looking at other GA aircraft the Cessna 172's always look like they pulled off and dragging some unfortunate ground crew who forgot to get out of the way. The legs stick out from the center of the aircraft like the Flintstones.

I was being humerous (oh no!).
I know it wasn't the arm......  Just dangling that out there...
Guess I'm on a roll..  (Oh no again!)

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Are the pilots yelling 'yabadabadoo' by any chance?

• Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Are the pilots yelling 'yabadabadoo' by any chance?

OMG, this it the best. And that tinkling noise it makes when using their feet. You have to see the old cartoon, or the Flintstones movie I just watched 🙂 The one with the Martian in it. Really stupid yet funny to me, for some reason? I've never seen this, you must have run over a fake person, and they are stuck, I guess Only in your sim?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Oh my, sympathies first and foremost.

However, of all the bugs I’ve read about so far, this one just cracks me up 😆

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Oh my, sympathies first and foremost.

+1.  It is really embarassing!  Looks like they have a hang glider coming and got the code mixed up!

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This is when you book on cheapest "Never-Come-Back-Airline".

Passengers have to help on startup 😉

Edited by sal9000

Stephan from Germany

My System

Been there, done that. I flew round trip to Denver from Phoenix for $25 once. The coke I bought and airport food was as much as the ticket. 

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 hours ago, sal9000 said:

This is when you book on cheapest "Never-Come-Back-Airline".

Passengers have to help on startup 😉

I would equated this issue to flying on Spirit or Frontier Airlines. If you don't pay the extra fees your legs are all but hanging out the aircraft...

FS2020 

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I would equated this issue to flying on Spirit or Frontier Airlines. If you don't pay the extra fees your legs are all but hanging out the aircraft...

Yah, but sometimes the choice is Delta for $700 or Frontier for $125, so the 1 hour of pain seems worth it. I don't make $600 hour at my job. The seats are awful though (literally Fred Flintstone seats), more than the seats are all the crying babies with unchanged diapers, that's the worst part of flying as a passenger.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Don't demand a refund for this glitch, you won't have a leg to stand on.😉

These gags could just run and run...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 5/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, DD_Arthur said:

I posted this in the next QA thread.  If anyone wants this fixed can they please vote on it.

Legs hanging under AI Cessna 172 - Community / Dev Q&A: Submit Questions - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

• Like 1

FS2020