Sign in to follow this  
SwissairMD11

Being poor because of Audi's

I just... Wanted ya'll to know, if you own 3 Audi's by yourself.. You will be poor 1 day like me. Especially if 1 of them is a S4 B5.

All 3 of them are broken in someway 

1 has a broken upright, the other is leaking coolant badly, and the other other is a turbo blown.

Any more Audi owners here? Am in the middel of fixing my 1.8 Turbo, while I want to fix my A4 B7 3.2 V6 with the broken upright, but in the meantime I daily drive my S4 which is screaming for attention by leaking coolant. Lol my life is a joke.

🥺

It shouldn't come as a surprise to find that a load of cars named after pieces of paper would fold up on you.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can you please explain what a "Broken Upright" is. Never heard the term with regard to a motor vehicle.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

Possibly a shock absorber?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Audi's aren't noted for their reliability unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Audi's aren't noted for their reliability unfortunately. 

Or their build quality either.

Alan Bradbury

10 hours ago, Freo said:

Can you please explain what a "Broken Upright" is. Never heard the term with regard to a motor vehicle.

Connects the lower suspension arm.   These are pretty solid pieces of metal though.  I mean I've seen broken uprights on a race car taking too much curb but pretty rare on a daily driver unless it's cracked some major potholes... Leaking coolant?  Is it hose, clamp or radiator?  I doubt the radiator itself failed so should be easy fix.  

If you REALLY want to be poor buy a race car...The quickest way to become a millionaire in racing is to start with a billion...  4 sets of tires and 3 sets of brakes in one weekend.  Do the math LOL  Oh yeah and gas is $10-$12 per gallon and I get 91 miles to a full 16 gallon tank @  I get 4-5 miles to the gallon unless we really push... 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

47 minutes ago, Chock said:

Or their build quality either.

I've not come across build quality issues. Interiors in particular are top notch. 

18 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I've not come across build quality issues. Interiors in particular are top notch. 

I used to drive for BCA collecting leased cars, there were quite a few Audis being returned because they leaked on the door seals and in other place, although in fairness, that did tend to be the lower-end models. From all the cars I drove, most of which were fairly fancy ones, it was obvious the best make was BMW by a very long way in terms of being nice to drive, fast, well built and reliable.

Alan Bradbury

11 hours ago, Freo said:

It's also commonly called a steering knuckle in the non-autosport world. Maybe that's a more familiar term.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, psolk said:

If you REALLY want to be poor buy a race car...

Been there, done that, and I ain't never going back. And that was 50 years ago. I wouldn't even try to do the math now as I don't think my aging heart could take it........🙂

Edited by W2DR
  • Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I used to drive for BCA collecting leased cars, there were quite a few Audis being returned because they leaked on the door seals and in other place, although in fairness, that did tend to be the lower-end models. From all the cars I drove, most of which were fairly fancy ones, it was obvious the best make was BMW by a very long way in terms of being nice to drive, fast, well built and reliable.

Audi are generally rated good for build quality, just not reliability. BMW were right down at 25th in the UK in 2019. Not sure about 2020. Audi were 23rd. Peugeot Skoda Hyundai Nissan were at the top. Its electrical problems these days that are the usual culprits. I had a Mazda CX5 until I left the UK, Mazda are 16th, not sure about the 2016 version I had. 

https://europe.jdpower.com/press-releases/2019-uk-vehicle-dependability-study

Couldn't find the 2020 survey, but there is the Driver Power survey.

BMW 5 series is down in 40th place. Audi Q5 down at 46th. Amongst the lowest for customer satisfaction I'm afraid.  Been that way for several years. 

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/148250/best-cars-to-own-in-the-uk-driver-power-2020-results

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/478/most-reliable-cars-rated-by-jd-power-uk

Most reliable manufacturers

Least reliable manufacturers

Edited by martin-w

Well, I'm just going off personal experience with this kind of thing. Frankly, the best car I've ever had was a VW Polo. It was built like a tank.

Alan Bradbury

I'd have to say mine was the CX5. Loved it. Only issue I had was within the warranty period. The seals on the electric handbrake motors let water in and the rear brakes seized. Fixed under the warranty. Zero issues from that point on. Not very economical though as it was the petrol version. One of my neighbours had a CX5 a year younger than mine, diesel version, he hated it, great to drive but numerous issues. 

Edited by martin-w

3 hours ago, Chock said:

When I used to travel to Munich (maybe twice a year), all the cabbies drove Mercedes. I was curious, since Munich is the home of Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, and the uniform response was "BMW breaks too easily". They are fun to drive, though!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick