Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

FSx mesh

There is a list that shows the resolution of default mesh in FS2004 all over the world. I understand that FSx has higher resolution mesh that FS2004 - does anybody have a list of what parts of the world have what size resolution? Baz

Guest shreder

To bump this as I am interested in knowing too....Also, although I have used FS2000 (I was disappointed), FS2004 for a couple of years and now FSX I am a little ignorant of the terrain/mesh options: Mesh in FS2004 was pretty poor was my understanding but I can't see anywhere that says what the details is in FSX. It looks better to me but.... ?Is there still a need to obtain aftermarket mesh to get really good detail for FSX?What about "World Extreme Landscapes" - they just say elevation data, that's Mesh right? It seems they have released version 2 (V2) for FSX so that must mean Mesh in FSX is still really poor?Thanks,Brett (also in Brisbane)

Guest archtx

I was working on a mission in the Andes, so downloaded some of the freeware 76 meter mesh recently available. I was astounded at the difference it made over the default FSX mesh in that area. I did some checking and believe I read that the default mesh in that area was 1KM! Correct me if I'm wrong about that, but I do know that 76 meter is much higher than what the default was.

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Check into FS Genesis (http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FSX)They have MUCH higher resolution mesh available around the world. With FS Genesis: USA - 9.6m (vs FSX's 38m)Canada - 19m (vs FSX's 76m)Mexico - 38m (vs FSX's 306m)Rest of the world - 76m (with some mountainous areas higher res)FS Genesis isn't cheap, but if you're serious about your mesh, it's THE product to get.--Mike

Guest shreder

http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchan...tegory_Code=FSX )>Thanks for that. The upgrade to FSX is peeving me because so much cannot be carried over from FS2004 (like World Extreme Landscapes which has minimum 76m mesh as well). And I had thought mesh had been significantly improved in FSX inself. It's my one fault for not checking properly first. But FSX does have more eye candy generally so if I can get the mesh right and then FS Passengers gets updaed I will be a happy man again!Regards