Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Rock formation on Mars.

1:09 in the video....

TFqUjAp.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

OK, all I see is a pile of rocks ?

Sigh, never mind. I see the photo has been edited.

Edited by Penzoil3

The picture above looks a bit like Batman is half buried in the Martian soil? Other than that, I agree with Sue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

LOL!!!!!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It's a hoodoo.  And you don't have to go to Mars to see fabulous rock formations.  There are plenty of them in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona.  Monument Valley is worth the side trip if you are ever in the area.  From what I've seen of the geography of Mars I think you could do a lot better viewing the geography of the US Southwest including the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley.

Back in 1998 I created an FS5.1 scenery for Southeast Utah that included a rendition of Monument Valley.

Noel

monument valley.jpg

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

39 minutes ago, birdguy said:

From what I've seen of the geography of Mars I think you could do a lot better viewing the geography of the US Southwest including the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley.

There's an even bigger canyon on Mars. 👍🚀

At more than 4,000 km (2,500 mi) long, 200 km (120 mi) wide and up to 7 km (23,000 ft) deep,[3][4] Valles Marineris is one of the largest canyons of the Solar System, surpassed in length only by the rift valleys of Earth.

32 minutes ago, martin-w said:

There's an even bigger canyon on Mars.

What's the name of the river that flows through Valles Marineris?  Can you take white water rafting trips down it?

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

1 hour ago, birdguy said:

What's the name of the river that flows through Valles Marineris?  Can you take white water rafting trips down it?

Noel

😴 I wasn't saying it was better, just mentioning that there's a bigger one.

Pretty obvious we are going to prefer a canyon on our own world rather than a lifeless one. 🙁

The Grand Canyon isn't even the deepest canyon in the United States.  Hells Canyon in Idaho is deeper but not as wide.

The deepest canyon in the world is Tspango Canyon in Tibet at 18,000 feet.  That's three times deeper than the Grand Canyon.

Noel

I can see why in 1933 the novel Shangri_La resonated with the public. Tibet was sort of unreachable and unknowable.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

There is a "canyon" near my home that has a stream running through it. I reckon it must be a good 50 feet deep in places, and maybe 100 feet wide. It has a few trees on both sides. I just thought everyone would like to know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

There is a "canyon" near my home that has a stream running through it. I reckon it must be a good 50 feet deep in places, and maybe 100 feet wide. It has a few trees on both sides. I just thought everyone would like to know.

Thank you very much Chris. I live by a beach, and there are some very jagged rocks, in fact the tide is very high and lots of strong currents. Just thought you should know. 

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

There is a "canyon" near my home that has a stream running through it.

Are there any trout to fish for in that stream Chris?

Noel

16 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Are there any trout to fish for in that stream Chris?

Noel

Fish are living creatures. Fishing is cruel. Only eat lettuce and beans.

😺

Edited by martin-w

This reminds me of the Cydonia pyramids and face on Mars mystery.

I watched documentaries and read articles about this for years and was intrigued, that is, until we got higher resolution imagery of the area and it turned out to be nothing.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS