Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Rock formation on Mars.

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Fish are living creatures. Fishing is cruel. Only eat lettuce and beans.

😺

I ate a fish once, but a bigger fish came later and eat me, if it weren't for reincarnation I wouldn't have lived to see MSFS2020 !

25 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

This reminds me of the Cydonia pyramids and face on Mars mystery.

I watched documentaries and read articles about this for years and was intrigued, that is, until we got higher resolution imagery of the area and it turned out to be nothing.

There must be some geological formations on Earth which look like a face when seen from space.

Dugald Walker

33 minutes ago, SpaceMonkey said:

I ate a fish once, but a bigger fish came later and eat me, if it weren't for reincarnation I wouldn't have lived to see MSFS2020 !

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I knew Buddhists were right. 

28 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

There must be some geological formations on Earth which look like a face when seen from space.

There are loads at Mount Rushmore! Must be aliens.

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Fishing is cruel.

When I was fly fishing I always released the fish I caught.  I'm not fond of fish.  But I have no problem with butchering a steer for filet mignons and prime ribs.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

42 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing. I knew Buddhists were right. 

I hope they are right.  I would rather be reincarnated and start life over again than go to some heaven and be rejoined with my loved ones.  My first wife died which means if I were to go to heaven I would be rejoined with my first wife and my current wife.  I can hardly handle one wife let alone two.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

19 hours ago, birdguy said:

The deepest canyon in the world is Tspango Canyon in Tibet at 18,000 feet.  That's three times deeper than the Grand Canyon.

A short video of the Yarlung Zangbo Canyon (aka:Tspango Canyon) in Tibet.

The Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon in Tibet is the deepest and largest canyon in the world – as deep as a 2,000-story building at its lowest point. The Yarlung Zangpo River starts from Mount Kailash before reaching the juncture of Mainling and Medog counties, where it swerves around towering Namjagbarwa, the highest peak in the eastern section of the Himalayas, carving a U-shaped gorge.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Pretty interesting Fr Bill.  In my next life I'll put it on my bucket list.  But it lacks the grandeur of the Grand Canyon with all of it's barren cliffs and geologic rock layers and colors.

It would be fun raft down it though.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

This canyon was fun...

Edited by martin-w