Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What rudder pedals do you use with your honeycomb?

I plan on getting the honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant set, but since they don't have rudder pedals I am holding off. Is it still possible to enjoy MSFS without dedicated rudder pedals if you only have the yoke and throttles?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes it is possible if you use the "on ground rudder aid", then you can steer the aircraft with the yoke like a car on the ground, you can also use one of the axis on the Bravo for the brakes.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I use Thrustmaster’s TPR with my Honeycombs. They’re expensive, but I didn’t have any pedals before and I had read great reviews. They haven’t disappointed- they’re really terrific.

• Like 2

TPRs. They feel like real rudder pedals and are under $800.

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I use the Saitek Pro Pedals with my Honeycomb gear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

22 minutes ago, nyfirefly11 said:

I use Thrustmaster’s TPR with my Honeycombs. They’re expensive, but I didn’t have any pedals before and I had read great reviews. They haven’t disappointed- they’re really terrific.

8 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

add me to that list.🙂

It does not matter what stick or yoke you use Rudders are rudders and IMO TPR are the best and it looks like the OP likes the best so...

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I use the Honeycomb yoke and throttle with the Thrustmaster T. Flight Rudder Pedals. Sure, the quality of the Honeycomb products is much higher, but the pedals are good enough for my needs. For me personally the pedals are the least important component of the three, so I went for some cheap ones.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

is it possible to disengage the centering mechanism an the Thrustmaster’s TPR ? I'd heard it was possible but haven't seen any info on it.

45 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

is it possible to disengage the centering mechanism an the Thrustmaster’s TPR ? I'd heard it was possible but haven't seen any info on it.

Take the springs off of the back maybe? Why would you want to do that ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

I plan on getting the honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant set, but since they don't have rudder pedals I am holding off. Is it still possible to enjoy MSFS without dedicated rudder pedals if you only have the yoke and throttles?

Funny that you think there is room on holding off.

These things are constantly sold out. I missed the window of oportunity again earlier this month.

And now there is actually a production stop because of the current shortage of semiconductors. New units are not expected to arrive before autumn.

Edited by Farlis

34 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Why would you want to do that ? 

To reproduce a more realistic 'anti torque pedals', i guess.

I am using both the Alpha Yoke and the Bravo Throttle along with my XBox controller mounted right on my yoke with some commercial quality Velcro and using a combination of buttons to co-ordinate with the Bravo I am able to control the aircraft while on the ground with very good accuracy and ease. I do have to have the rudder assist on though or it makes the rudders insanely sensitive and unable to effectively control. 

Here is the setup I'm using along with some keyboard bindings that make throttle adjustment even easier (quicker).

Keyboard throttle binds using num pad: 1=10%, 2=20% and so on up through 9=90%. This is especially effective for me in both the TBM and the CJ4 as I can immediately set a throttle position without guessing or actually having to look at the throttle position with my mouse to report actuals.

XBox Controller: Lower Triggers on the XBox controller for rudder control. I can make large rudder adjustments using the Triggers and small adjustments using the Yoke. It works fantastic, again as long as you have Rudder Assist on. I'm using the combination buttons A&B to immediately set Zero Throttle. I use the Y button as Brake and the Y&B buttons to toggle Parking Brakes.

This has been working very well for me.

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

They would seem to have a high center of gravity.  What keeps them from toppling?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

They would seem to have a high center of gravity.  What keeps them from toppling?

lol, they never move they are very heavy. There all metal, metal plate for a bottom. Ali pedal. 7kg. Watch from 7min about "moving"

No Twisting action like MFG Crosswind, just pure push. 9:20 in the bottom vid about MFG also.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

MFG Crosswind V2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.