Sign in to follow this  
captain420

I miss the realair lancair legacy so much

This was one of my favorite all time planes in FSX and P3D, especially with the dual GTN 750 setup. How I miss this plane terribly. I really wish to have this plane back in MSFS some day. The only thing that comes close is the vertigo turbo prop, but it's not the same.

155791_cockpit_3.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So why not fly it in P3D or FSX? It's not as if it has ceased to exist.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Cause those are old and outdated sims and I deleted them a long time ago for MSFS. Plus how can you even go back to those sims after flying in MSFS? It's like driving a ferrari and then going back to a mustang. MSFS has spoiled me.

• Like 7

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yep. The Lancair was the pinnacle FSX/P3D for me for GA aircraft. Sure others were "study level".  But nothing compared to the Legacy. Those sims are long gone for me also.

Also I'm sorry. I tried that Vertigo thing.  Trash. I rushed to delete it. I literally got dumber flying it. I had better flight simulation experiences in GTA V

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

22 minutes ago, styckx said:

Also I'm sorry. I tried that Vertigo thing.  Trash. I rushed to delete it. I literally got dumber flying it.

That's an overly harsh thing to say in a public forum when you're discussing a project released by a developer for free. You lost nothing for having tried it. It's OK that you didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it made you stupid.

It's loosely based on a real airplane that also flies unlike any other airplane, but the dev's been open from the beginning that Vertigo is for fun and not meant to be a study-level sim. Trashing developers who release products for free only encourages them to stop. P3d was pretty lousy for freeware airplanes. Most were terrible, and one of the reasons is because there was no encouragement to do anything for free for a community that blasted you if it wasn't A2A-level.

Let's try not to have that happen for MSFS?

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, eslader said:

That's an overly harsh thing to say in a public forum when you're discussing a project released by a developer for free. You lost nothing for having tried it. It's OK that you didn't like it, but that doesn't mean it made you stupid.

It's loosely based on a real airplane that also flies unlike any other airplane, but the dev's been open from the beginning that Vertigo is for fun and not meant to be a study-level sim. Trashing developers who release products for free only encourages them to stop. P3d was pretty lousy for freeware airplanes. Most were terrible, and one of the reasons is because there was no encouragement to do anything for free for a community that blasted you if it wasn't A2A-level.

Let's try not to have that happen for MSFS?

I'm not blasting it for not being A2A level. It's a toy.. Plain and simple and after reading the page thinking I was getting into one thing, and after flying it (which is a loose sense of the term) realizing if this thing was remotely and mechanically real Elon Musk would be using it as his next launch vehicle.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I suppose Patey's Turbulence is trash, then? Because it, like Vertigo, is a PT-6-powered kit prop that outruns jets and climbs at 7,000fpm. 

Sure, Vertigo isn't entirely realistic, but it isn't entirely *un*realistic either. And again, it's free. "It's not to my liking" is a better way to put it than "this thing is trash." 

To be blunt, if you don't like it, that's OK, but if you can't say it in a nice way, keep it to yourself. It's free. No one is getting scammed out of money because no one is paying money to download it. The dev never said "this thing is 100% realistic and there's a plane that flies exactly like it at every GA airport on the planet!"

Stop trying to make freeware developers feel like trash because you personally don't like one of their releases. Delete it and move on.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Cause those are old and outdated sims and I deleted them a long time ago for MSFS. Plus how can you even go back to those sims after flying in MSFS? It's like driving a ferrari and then going back to a mustang. MSFS has spoiled me.

Steve McQueen and Bullitt is all you need to know to understand why that's not a good analogy.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I used Aerobask's rendition of the Lancair extensively in XP11. A joy to fly and even better with RealityXP's GTN750. 

Recently I've tried the Turbulence... I mean Vertigo, which is massively overpowered but nevertheless fun to fly. In my humble opinion. But this poor virtual aircraft seems to have personally offended various people, which is a bit hard to comprehend. Recently did a flyaround of Corsica with it, and it was exhilarating 😁 Another trip in France following the Rhône from it's origin in the Swiss alps to the Mediterranean - a breathtaking flight. 

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, styckx said:

I'm not blasting it for not being A2A level. It's a toy.. Plain and simple and after reading the page thinking I was getting into one thing, and after flying it (which is a loose sense of the term) realizing if this thing was remotely and mechanically real Elon Musk would be using it as his next launch vehicle.

Its a PC flight simulator... many people enjoy flying wild, fast airplanes in a for entertainment simulator. I personally enjoy highly realistic airplanes, but to each his/her own. I think it is amazing what modders have been able to offer for free. 

And to the OP, I too miss the Legacy, and the Turbine duke.  

• Like 3

I love the Realair Lancair Legacy as well. Hope someone introduces it to MSFS.

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

these aircraft took many years to appear on the fsx scene, i bet we will get like that here too, patience is needed.

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

Ferrari would never put an unfinished model out into the world. Without a finished set of gauges? A defective audio system (i.e. ATC, ATIS/AWOS).  Even based on another post here yestereday appears your Ferrari is even lacking floorboards!

image.png.a394773077a28479c5d542010b3c5a14.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I love the Lancair Legacy and still fly it often in FSX.

The 400HP version is one hell of a climber.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, eslader said:

Stop trying to make freeware developers feel like trash because you personally don't like one of their releases. Delete it and move on.

Sounds like time for us to once again reference the single most important video on the entire internets:    😄

• Like 6