Sign in to follow this  
threebears

'Flying Tips' won't go away.

In the settings for FSX, accessed via the 'Customize' tab, there is a tick-box for 'Flying Tips'.  Like all these selectable settings it must (?) alter an entry in the fsx.cfg file.  For the life of me I can't stop these tips from appearing on screen even though the tick-box is not selected.  I've checked, every time they appear, and the tick box is not selected; I've looked at the fsx.cfg file and can't find anything there, in fact I can't find a specific line entry for 'flying tips'.  Should there be one, or is it labelled something more obscure?  I assume any entry against it would be null or 0 to prevent the tips from appearing?  Anyone, please?

Andrew

Try going to:

Settings 
   Customize
      Aircraft
         Show Cockpit Tooltips
And, make sure it is not checked.

Tooltips and Flying tips are 2 different settings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, threebears said:

Anyone, please? Andrew

Here you are:

1.jpg

2 hours ago, RayHff said:

He said he already reset that.

Ray, he said in his first post he went to FSX/Settings/Customize and unticked a box.  The only box there is "ToolTips" under Display!

"FlyingTips" (which pops up messages like "Press the Ctrl+X key to reset your Mixture", etc).  ToolTips is when you place your mouse pointer on a switch or button and it displays the function of that switch or button.

He need to go to Settings/Realism to untick flying tips!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, RayHff said:

He said he already reset that.

All it takes is to read the opening post carefully and reply to the question asked. This is not a competition, or at least not in my world. It is just an attempt to give the topic author the correct advice.

• Like 1

OK all, thanks for the help.  Obviously this poor lamb got his Cockpit Tool Tips and Flying Tips mixed up!  I apologise for inadvertantly causing a 'stooshie'.  I have now sorted it out, thanks to you.

Andrew

• Like 1