Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

MSFS, You Drive Me Nuts

On the one hand, there are things to complain about.  The terrain spikes and other issues, the stuttering and pauses...

But on the other hand, I'm constantly landing at all these great little airports (just put down at 21FA, fits perfectly into the surroundings.)

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I too used to visit the smaller airfields but I just could not get past THIS hangar issue.  Now I just spend time around the larger regional airports.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

8 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I too used to visit the smaller airfields but I just could not get past THIS hangar issue.  Now I just spend time around the larger regional airports.

Don't normally get too picky about spelling on the internet, but you'd think someone complaining about the hangars being incorrect on that link, would themselves be careful not to make the mistake of spelling hangar incorrectly. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

27 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Yep! Prevelant at KBMG.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Don't normally get too picky about spelling on the internet, but you'd think someone complaining about the hangars being incorrect on that link, would themselves be careful not to make the mistake of spelling hangar incorrectly. 🤣

yeah, I understand and I have take a lot of heat from it, problem is - I cant change it on that forum.

Just now, Mike S KPDX said:

yeah, I understand and I have take a lot of heat from it, problem is - I cant change it on that forum.

Well, if people give you heat for it, just tell them: 'I'll get my coat...'

You'll find it on a hanger. 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Flight from Miami to Cancun on the FSW 320: settings ULTRA 4K.

Everything very good and smooth until the last turn to final at Cancun: the last 5 minutes have been a slideshow with 1 second pauses every second of flight.

I thought: maybe the settings are too high? So I reset everything to MEDIUM.

Same problem: a slideshow exactly like before.

This sounds like a memory management issue to me. And before someone comes out with the addon aircraft song, yesterday I had exactly the same problem with the default CESSNA 172 around Florence, with no addon scenery at all. Slideshow after an hour.

The sim is broken. Too bad because it is really beautiful when it works, but it is broken.

A.

It's hard to say where the issue is without knowing the code. It could be an asynch process locked and waiting for something to clear out, like a server command not being updated fast enough, or it could be memory as you said. Even in my own code, I have often been wrong where the issue is, so speculating on something as complicated as this is tough. Though I'm sure there are some 'expert' speculators here, it's still tough.

• Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

32 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

This sounds like a memory management issue to me. And before someone comes out with the addon aircraft song, yesterday I had exactly the same problem with the default CESSNA 172 around Florence, with no addon scenery at all. Slideshow after an hour.

Turn off multiplayer. There's a known issue with it since WU4. If there's a player nearby that has a livery you don't, it will cause stutters and pauses in the way you describe. You can usually tell who because the player's nametag will be flashing. 

This has been proven by streamers who do group flights. If everyone uses an asobo-provided livery, everything is fine. The moment someone joins with a livery the streamer doesn't have, performance tanks for everyone. Once that person changes to one of the defaults or leaves the session, everything is fine. 

Asobo is aware but who knows when the fix will come. Yet another almost game-breaking bug.

Edited by mattn
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yup, that multiplayer bug is bad, I assumed everyone had that turned off by now.

• Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

Multiplayer and AI traffic off since last patch and I’ve been a happy camper since. For the time being. When the next update arrives who knows what will happen 🤪

Untik then I’m enjoying this sim immensely. Today I did a scenic flight around Bordeaux just before sunset, real weather, in the Bonanza G36 Turbo. Bordeaux is one of those places where the photogrammetry doesn’t look too shabby. In fact instead of the mono colored grey mess I’ve seen many places there’s detailed buildings and objects in various realistic looking colors and shades. Add dusk colors and the scene approaches perfection.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Yup, that multiplayer bug is bad, I assumed everyone had that turned off by now.

isnt there a sim setting for 'simple models' that make the other aircraft one of the default types?  I dont do multiplayer so I am not sure.

• Like 1