Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

My MSFS crashes...

My MSFS crashes once per 3-4 flights. This is so annoying... I was flying the CRJ today and during the descent phase the screen turned black and after 2-3 seconds all I saw was the Windows desktop. I heard somewhere that it is possible to find the reason in some kind of log file. Could you please tell me where to find it? Is the reason clearly stated there or it's just a code or something?

BTW: I sometimes use the "Sim rate" option to compress my time during longer flights, could that be the reason?

Thank you. 

Windows Event viewers

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Me too , still is there the bad performance i say bug and i think this has something to do with that ( where is that hotfix, they aware off that )

Never had so mutch CTD´s since beginning as with the last update i have now - they should hotfix this before the next update and shure after that we have new problems/ issues.

Is this sim the never ending story of patching and new issues after that, and patching and so on..🤣

Oh man surprieses will coming in - or not 😏

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Kenjiro75 said:

My MSFS crashes once per 3-4 flights. This is so annoying... I was flying the CRJ today and during the descent phase the screen turned black and after 2-3 seconds all I saw was the Windows desktop. I heard somewhere that it is possible to find the reason in some kind of log file. Could you please tell me where to find it? Is the reason clearly stated there or it's just a code or something?

BTW: I sometimes use the "Sim rate" option to compress my time during longer flights, could that be the reason?

Thank you. 

In many years of flight simming I never had any luck using sim rate. For me it always created some instability sooner or later. Try flying real time and see what happens. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Me too , still is there the bad performance i say bug and i think this has something to do with that ( where is that hotfix, they aware off that )

Never had so mutch CTD´s since beginning as with the last update i have now - they should hotfix this before the next update and shure after that we have new problems/ issues.

Is this sim the never ending story of patching and new issues after that, and patching and so on..🤣

Oh man surprieses will coming in - or not 😏

cheers 😉

Have you tried taking of that overclock and seeing if you still get the CTD's?

Graham

• Upvote 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

1 hour ago, Moria15 said:

Have you tried taking of that overclock and seeing if you still get the CTD's?

Graham

My System is super stable since i have it , never had problems with this overglock.

From the beginning of this Flightsim i allmost have none CTD 's.

One time i had problems with the Rolling Cache with in this Sim , i cleard em out and don't use it since that time and all was good.

After that last Update i get again some more

CTD's and a real bad performance and i am shure it has something to do with that.

Before this update all was superb for me, relative fine smothness and no CTD's so i don't belive it has anything to do with the overglock.

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

so i don't belive it has anything to do with the overglock.

It may well not be the overclock, but it would still be a good (and easy) thing to do to rule it out.  If you're getting that many CTDs, and it's not due to the overclock, it shouldn't take you long to experience one with it disabled and rule that out as a culprit.

Three in seven days:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60783c14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000016df8a
Faulting process id: 0x14f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d740464a43990f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 1bcdbe21-d8be-406c-bbd9-81ed574e699b
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Bert

I wish I had a CTD, once in awhile. Now my MSFS just freezes on approach, within 20 miles of the airport usually. Picture freezes, sound is normal, no controls work, and the only way to close MSFS down is to use task manager.  Tonight I had two of these lockups in a row after around a 100 mile flight in the JF Arrow.  This sim is making me crazy!!!

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wish I had a CTD, once in awhile. Now my MSFS just freezes on approach, within 20 miles of the airport usually. Picture freezes, sound is normal, no controls work, and the only way to close MSFS down is to use task manager.  Tonight I had two of these lockups in a row after around a 100 mile flight in the JF Arrow.  This sim is making me crazy!!!

Same here, the flight begins well and deteriorates to a final sim stall approximately 10 to 20 miles out from arrival airport. Screen goes black and I am forced to close the program down with Task Manager.

Edited by DaveGi

12 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

Thank you. 

Increasing the sim rate is unstable.  It has crashed for me too before when I speed up the sim rate in the past.  Just don't speed up the sim rate and it's generally more stable.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 5/3/2021 at 1:44 PM, Kenjiro75 said:

My MSFS crashes once per 3-4 flights. This is so annoying... I was flying the CRJ today and during the descent phase the screen turned black and after 2-3 seconds all I saw was the Windows desktop

Try this