Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

Airport areas have been modified adversely

So after coming back to the sim from about a two or thee week hiatus, I downloaded the latest update and while I can't point to it directly, it seems my airports have ben adversely affected.

Below is a screenshot of PAKW Klawock in Southeast Alaska. It looks like somewhere in bleak western Alaska with tundra all around but this should be a heavily forested airport.

Anyone else experiencing this?

sh2bvt6bupzvrwz4g.jpg

Did you check that the update did not change your settings?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Start troubling shooting..  Start by checking your settings, and deleting Content.XML

xY4cPbt.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Check data is enabled.

One thing that will cause that issue is if you have a temporary net disconnection and the game turned downloads off and puts you in offline mode because it never turns the data back on again.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 2

I had a quick look PAKW,

MSFS 1.15.8.0 with the Hot Fix

kHAMFwj.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

One thing that will cause that issue is if you have a temporary net disconnection and the game turned downloads off and puts you in offline mode because it never turns the data back on again.

So it's possible that online mode does not automatically become active after a temporary net disconnection?

Yesterday I got a notification in-game that my connection was insufficient (or something like that). I presumed that it was temporary, but a while later it seemed I was still in offline mode. Then went into settings and Bing data mode was turned off. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

So it's possible that online mode does not automatically become active after a temporary net disconnection?

it is not possible, it is a sure thing. It stays offline until you switch it on again. Believe me I know, no doubt for my sins.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

For me, if online turns off with a temporary disconnect it NEVER comes back by itself, I always need to go in and turn it on again manually.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

It stays offline until you switch it on again.

Bummer, that’s not great 😣
EDIT: Especially combined with the engine shutdown after entering menu bug.

Then it’s like: “Sure, you can have you terrain details and photogrammetry back. But for that we need to shut down your engine” 😵

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Boeing_Driver said:

It's a fair guess that the update somehow changed my settings...but a quick glance at them seems to indicate they are where I left the them (trees at 100%).

How do locate Content.XML?

this cna happen if you do NOT clear a cache, it uses whats in the cache.so after every update, you need to reset it.

Yes, as others have reported, I got a strange message about insufficient bandwidth (which I've never seen before) and that apparently turned off my data enabling.

Note that just enabling data may not do it for you--I also had to re-enable the Bing data access as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

Yes, as others have reported, I got a strange message about insufficient bandwidth (which I've never seen before) and that apparently turned off my data enabling.

Note that just enabling data may not do it for you--I also had to re-enable the Bing data access as well.

Yup, I  Suspected it was something along those lines. Glad you got it sorted!

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

So far I have never cleared a cache or done anything with Bing.

I just do the update , exit the sim and re-boot the PC.

Then start a new flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW