Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Buy Project CARS 2

-85%
$59.99 $8.99

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends May 6 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well worth it.. Its the best one out there...

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 minute ago, Samaritano said:

This or PC3?

PC3 Is also for sale right now but has tons of horrible reviews.

A little research shows its a situation not unlike what's going on with Microsoft flight simulator.

Apparently tons of people who liked PC2 absolutely hate PC3 because its deliberately more of an arcade racer than a hardcore sim, and they are expressing massive displeasure for their simulation franchise being "dumbed down" for the masses.

Regular people coming into the game seem to generally have no problem with it, but their voices are being completely drowned beneath the howls of the hardcore.

Bottom line, if you could use a nice arcade racer that also does VR, this is just about the only choice.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks Devon,

I was reading the reviews and decided to go with version 2. I still don't have a VR headset. Don't even know what to get.

I do have a Logitech G27 racing wheel that still going. I play iRacing once in a while.

• Like 1

I have bought PC2 last time with simular offer, but played it for like 5 hrs....

Back to AC,ACC AMS2 and rF2...

7 hours ago, C2615 said:

I have bought PC2 last time with simular offer, but played it for like 5 hrs....

Why if I may ask? Are you using VR?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

5 hours ago, rooitou said:

Why if I may ask? Are you using VR?

No VR, but the grip and FFB just doesn't feels right.

• Like 1

I’m not a hardcore race simmer, I like a good simcade game but I still absolutely hated PC3.  It just wasn’t fun and the new system they used instead of the racing line that changes colour when you need to brake was useless to me.  It seemed like they managed to create a game that wasn’t good for either simmers or more casual racers.  I regretted spending too many hours coming to that conclusion so that I couldn’t refund it.

PC2 is a ton of fun though.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

All PCars titles are garbage imo

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 5/10/2021 at 9:31 PM, C2615 said:

I'd agree.  PC2 is nice looking, especially in the rain and fog, but AC has much better and more challenging physics, and after a short while, I mostly went back to AC.

August

Yup ACC and AMS2 get most of my racing attention these days, both are great.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Guys I'm sorry but I played both PC2 and AMS2 over the last few days and to me PC2 wins out.

1. The menu system is more user-friendly and intuitive, much easier to navigate. Can find the car I want much quicker and getting back to the start menu is easier. In AMS2 I have to use the mouse to get back to the start, as the controller will not move to the selection option for example.

2. Many more cars in PC2 (I have base game for both, no DLC)

3. To me the "feel" of the cars is better in PC2. I'm playing with an XBOX one controller and they have done a much better job of calibrating/tuning the controller in PC2. I have better control and predictability in PC2, while in AMS2 it feels over-sensitive and inaccurate, causing me to lose control much more often, hence a much lower level of enjoyment. Perhaps PC2 is indeed "dumbed down" and I'm just not a realism-freak, but I'd rather complete a few laps "thinking" that I'm a champ than continually recovering/restarting.

I actually do like AMS2, especially because it has my home track (Kyalami) which they've done exceptionally well. But if I want to race anywhere else, I'd rather do it in PC2 to be honest

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 5/19/2021 at 2:59 AM, rooitou said:

Guys I'm sorry but I played both PC2 and AMS2 over the last few days and to me PC2 wins out.

Agree

Devons rig