Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Light Blue Tropical Water Color Needed

Issue rectified. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yeah well, don't see how. The color in the link is given by the orthophoto used in the scenery.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

Answering what?

In the same topic they gave you the same answer i did. Modifying the file responsible for the water color gives you the same color everywhere, which defeats the purpose of having tropical water where tropical water is supposed to be.. It's another thing in which the gap with other simulators haven't been reduced yet..

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Pastaiolo said:

It's another thing in which the gap with other simulators haven't been reduced yet.

No, its the same (and only) thing in which there is a gap - again 🙄. Well, the only thing where MSFS is ahead. Plenty of other things with a big gap in the other direction, of course 😆

Edited by Janov
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Colors, coral, waves, white foam and effects are rendered very realisticly in MSFS.

Just so I know we're on the same page, are we talking about a flight sim or a swim sim?  And if it's a flight sim we're talking about, please tell me, and the rest of us, how coral, white foam and waves can benefit an aircraft and its navigation.

And just to add, if MSFS does, indeed, have coral and white foam...why???

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

How is it possible that such a harmless thread can be turned by some into a XP vs MSFS debate?

Ladies and gents if you want a debate, start your own threads.

As I stated, this issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

And just to add, if MSFS does, indeed, have coral and white foam...why???

Why render the mountains. Why render the buildings. Why render the cities.  It's a flight simulator 🥴

5 hours ago, Greazer said:

Colors, coral, waves, white foam and effects are rendered very realisticly in MSFS.  And very poorly in XP.  Black and white.  Huge huge gap in quality. 

Do you have to bring down every topic about X-Plane and start comparing it to MSFS? We all get it that you dislike the sim but there is no need to remind everyone about it on every single topic discussing X-Plane, it's getting incredibly tiring now. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

While I would like to have good ocean colours I find that my ortho areas, with proper masking can replicate excellent Caribbean colours, near the shoreline, white sand and such provided there is good ortho source available, one one goes beyond the shore I don't find endless and vast areas of ocean of much interest anyway.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

When I made Florida for Orbx I extended the water ortho out several miles to get the nice color, this worked very well for the keys and Miami and has proven quite popular. Without, it looks pretty bland and doesn't capture the beauty of the area. In short, the only way XP can currently get good water color is via orthos at present. MFS and P3D also don't have anything that does this well procedurally (just look at the keys).

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

Okay when it comes to posting negative facts I will makes efforts to do less of that.

It's not about what is fact or not (and I actually agree water is better in MFS), it's about the fact that you seem intent on degrading every X-Plane topic that comes up. If you don't like X-Plane and love MFS then great, but let people who like and want to discuss X-Plane do it in peace.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2