Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

Bangkok, VTBS to VTBD

A quick tour around Bangkok. AviaJam Bangkok landmarks, freeware VTBS, built-in VTBD. Not as immersive as some of these places in the sim, but pretty good and worth a visit.

AzWQW8V.jpg

nLfvZkK.jpg

Down to the coastal shore, along to the mouth of the Chao Phraya River, then up into the city itself
kFFkvoo.jpg

c1W1gzN.jpg

6mp0eJy.jpg

oC2G4Pu.jpg

sYaGtW8.jpg

What is it with architects these days? They all seem to be obsessed with making willfully weird tall buildings. OK, it might be a challenge to build, but it's also a challenge to look at.
kDFDmUS.jpg

ykmTSDS.jpg

0ZN63Ki.jpg

CIyrQ2t.jpg

zEEeroI.jpg

2smQAPL.jpg

OHcTXM2.jpg

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

29 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

A quick tour around Bangkok. AviaJam Bangkok landmarks, freeware VTBS, built-in VTBD. Not as immersive as some of these places in the sim, but pretty good and worth a visit.

AzWQW8V.jpg

nLfvZkK.jpg

Down to the coastal shore, along to the mouth of the Chao Phraya River, then up into the city itself
kFFkvoo.jpg

c1W1gzN.jpg

6mp0eJy.jpg

oC2G4Pu.jpg

sYaGtW8.jpg

What is it with architects these days? They all seem to be obsessed with making willfully weird tall buildings. OK, it might be a challenge to build, but it's also a challenge to look at.
kDFDmUS.jpg

ykmTSDS.jpg

0ZN63Ki.jpg

CIyrQ2t.jpg

zEEeroI.jpg

2smQAPL.jpg

OHcTXM2.jpg

There was a time that Bangkok was a beautiful city.  It used to be the Venice of the east.....not such a great place to live as when I first lived there in about 1965.  No way I would live there now though even Chiangrai is getting the expansion treatment.  It would have been nice if they had done a better job of the Grand Palace.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

18 hours ago, harrry said:

There was a time that Bangkok was a beautiful city.  It used to be the Venice of the east.....not such a great place to live as when I first lived there in about 1965.  No way I would live there now though even Chiangrai is getting the expansion treatment.  It would have been nice if they had done a better job of the Grand Palace.

I don't think there's a big city anywhere that I'd want to live, but that's one of the nice things about the sim - I can visit painlessly and take a look around. If this is anything like a real representation though I'd definitely not be too keen to visit for real.

One of the things I'd really like is a time-slider option for MSFS. Imagine to be able to just set the year back to 1965 (or whenever) and have the scenery morph right in to the appropriate layouts and buildings. You really wouldn't be able to prise me away from the PC then!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

I don't think there's a big city anywhere that I'd want to live, but that's one of the nice things about the sim - I can visit painlessly and take a look around. If this is anything like a real representation though I'd definitely not be too keen to visit for real.

One of the things I'd really like is a time-slider option for MSFS. Imagine to be able to just set the year back to 1965 (or whenever) and have the scenery morph right in to the appropriate layouts and buildings. You really wouldn't be able to prise me away from the PC then!

Not in a sim... but google earth gives you that function where they have pics.    It is interesting to see the changes in a few years.

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, harrry said:

Not in a sim... but google earth gives you that function where they have pics.    It is interesting to see the changes in a few years.

Yeah, shame Google Earth wasn't around in the '60s, there'd be some real treasures to see then.

• Like 1

Krung Thep ..... one of my favorite's in the early '90's, particularly on Suhkumvit at the rail crossing (midtown)

for now, cheers

john martin

I would think this is one place a lot of people here would have memories of....especially some of the older members. In those days Bangkok (Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit)

was really a collection of villages....if you went 100 metres down a size street you would find yourself in a rice field;

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

Bangkok is lookin' real good Harrry, well done! ☺️

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,

17 hours ago, admbar said:

Bangkok is lookin' real good Harrry, well done! ☺️

Credit goes to andy1252 for that...I was unaware the pics would show up in the quote.

Harry Woodrow