Sign in to follow this  
stoey

Get Out of Gamepass with purchase Flight sim

Not knowing if I would enjoy the Flight Sim scene I joined Microsofts Gamepass to try out the New Flight Simulator 

It was Great flying over places ive only dreamed about. So in my joy i purchased Microsoft Flight Sim inside of gamepass

Since i did not play any other games i let gamepass expire, only to find out i could no longer play the Flight Sim

I had to now rejoin game pass to use the game. Can anyone please tell me if i can get out of having to use game pass but still have the game without having to purchase it again

Thankyou

That sounds like a dumb system.  You had gamepass and you bought flightsim and now it won't work?

I only bought flightsim.  Then again what was the price you paid?  Was it cheaper to buy with gamepass?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 hours ago, stoey said:

Not knowing if I would enjoy the Flight Sim scene I joined Microsofts Gamepass to try out the New Flight Simulator 

It was Great flying over places ive only dreamed about. So in my joy i purchased Microsoft Flight Sim inside of gamepass

Since i did not play any other games i let gamepass expire, only to find out i could no longer play the Flight Sim

I had to now rejoin game pass to use the game. Can anyone please tell me if i can get out of having to use game pass but still have the game without having to purchase it again

Thankyou

Dude.  You can play Flight sim as a gamepass member. If you end your subscription, you can't play anymore. this is how it works. You didn't buy the game yet. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I think he accidentally bought the sim as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My understanding is if you have the game pass version and you buy the standard sim with the same Xbox login you no longer need the game pass subscription, all your addons will still work with the new standard game.

HOWEVER if what you bought was a Deluxe or Premium addon you still need the game pass until you also buy the Standard version of the sim. Those are DLC not a working version of the game.

Most likely what you bought was a premium or deluxe addon and you now need to go back and buy the game itself if you want to stop paying the game pass subs.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

46 minutes ago, stoey said:

Thankyou

Exactly this question did I ask in phone call to Microsoft support. First I was told that it was like you are experiencing here that if you leave Game Pass you can't use your purchased title any more.
Since this makes no sense at all I made another call and asked the same question. And this time I was told that I should be able to use a purchased title even after ending the Game pass subscription, which is the only thing that makes sense.
What kind of nonsense is going on here ? In such case there are of course absolutely no reason to why we should purchase a game.

2 minutes ago, jfri said:

Exactly this question did I ask in phone call to Microsoft support. First I was told that it was like you are experiencing here that if you leave Game Pass you can't use your purchased title any more.
Since this makes no sense at all I made another call and asked the same question. And this time I was told that I should be able to use a purchased title even after ending the Game pass subscription, which is the only thing that makes sense.
What kind of nonsense is going on here ? In such case there are of course absolutely no reason to why we should purchase a game.

The confusion is that the standard edition is a game that still works without a game pass HOWEVER  the Deluxe and Premium versions are downloadable content and they do not work without the game pass unless you also go and buy the actual game - the Standard version.

Standard version - the actual game that works without game pass

Deluxe and Premium Addons - need either game pass or the standard version to work

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The confusion is that the standard edition is a game that still works without a game pass HOWEVER  the Deluxe and Premium versions are downloadable content and they do not work without the game pass unless you also go and buy the actual game - the Standard version.

Standard version - the actual game that works without game pass

Deluxe and Premium Addons - need either game pass or the standard version to work

Do you mean that you would need to buy two titles of MSFS the Standard + Deluxe in order to use Deluxe after ending the subscription ?? Why on earth would anyone do that ? Neither this makes any sense.

• Upvote 1

I did something similar: I got an X-box account and the game pass when it was just one Dollar to try MSFS on my old system, then I cancelled my game pass subscription. When a got a new PC, I bought the MSFS premium version. I had to use my X-box account to install it. So, MSFS is linked to the account, but I do not pay for the game pass anymore.

Peter

10 minutes ago, jfri said:

Do you mean that you would need to buy two titles of MSFS the Standard + Deluxe in order to use Deluxe after ending the subscription ?? Why on earth would anyone do that ? Neither this makes any sense.

If you just bought the Deluxe addon it is not a game. It is just 5 aircraft and 5 airports to add on to the game.   Buying deluxe is no different to buying any other addon aircraft or addon airport.  It will not work by itself.

I think you can buy Deluxe as a bundle that includes the game (which will work fine) OR you can just by the Deluxe addon all by itself -  which will need either the game pass or a copy of Standard to work as it is only an addon. They are different.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

20 minutes ago, jfri said:

It does make sense, but you are conflating 2 different issues.

1. versions - Everyone needs the "standard" $60 version to play the game. If you want the "deluxe" or "premium" features, you basically buy those upgrades separately and then install them. Works the same for GP and non GP installations. (You can buy them at the same time for 1 price, or you can buy standard first and add the others later in 2 or 3 separate purchases - your choice.)
  2. Installation "inside" of GP vs "outside" of GP.

I have never used GP, but I think what has happened is that your purchased version of MSFS has not been activated as "standalone" software on your PC. You installed it while using GP, so I the current installation on your machine thinks it is only valid while you are signed into GP.

Press the Windows key and then type "store". "Microsoft Store" should appear at the top of the start menu. Click it. If it opens up with you signed in to an account - look at the top left corner for a grey circle with the outline of a person on it (or possibly an avatar if you added one to your MS Store account). Click the 3 dots "..." to the right of that and then click on "My Library". See if MSFS is listed there. "Install" or "Launch" as appropriate. This should get it working outside of GP.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Deluxe is not a game. it is just 5 aircraft and 5 airports to add on to the game.   Buying deluxe is no different to buying any other addon aircraft or addon airport.  It will not work by itself.

Surely MSFS is sold in three different versions at different prices. All including the full standard sim. In my game pass subscription the prices clearly show this. Deluxe more expensive than Standard and Premium Deluxe more expensive than Deluxe.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I did something similar: I got an X-box account and the game pass when it was just one Dollar to try MSFS on my old system, then I cancelled my game pass subscription. When a got a new PC, I bought the MSFS premium version. I had to use my X-box account to install it. So, MSFS is linked to the account, but I do not pay for the game pass anymore.

Peter

Same situation. But $1 went up in price during my usage.

But I purchased a couple of Marketplace aircraft on Game Pass & when I got Premier Deluxe & dropped Gamepass, the aircraft wouldn't transfer.

I was told to apply for a refund re the Gamepass acquired aircraft & repurchase for PD.

But life's too short etc.😑

T45

5 hours ago, stoey said:

Thankyou

You can indeed purchase the Premium Deluxe version and cancel Game Pass as I did so in December 2020. Not saying it's not complicated, but I am almost sure it is about the Digital Rights for the game. I will say I did NOT buy any addon's while having Game Pass though, so have no clue how that works!

Here is the post I tried to explain it to another member having the same issue. It did work for me though. I also have no idea if you are just buying the Standard version from Game Pass. It seems like it should just work? Without Game Pass! Like I said it weird how it works.

I wish they would explain this in a Stream one day! It's way too complicated. Some get lucky and it works ( me ) and some don't it appears.

Having to BUY the Premium Deluxe and the Standard version is simply NOT true. I ONLY bought the Premium Deluxe ( think it was $99.00 at the time I got it ) with the Digital Rights and it has been working since December 2020. Like I said it very complicated, for some strange reason, and some people have it work, while others don't, or didn't. But it should work if you make sure you have the Digital Rights! DO NOT buy the Premium Deluxe and the Standard! That's $95.00 ( I think that is the sale price now ) and $60.00. Your just gonna screw yourself! It's way to complicated!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ