Sign in to follow this  
stoey

Get Out of Gamepass with purchase Flight sim

4 hours ago, in2tech said:

You can indeed purchase the Premium Deluxe version and cancel Game Pass as I did so in December 2020. Not saying it's not complicated, but I am almost sure it is about the Digital Rights for the game. I will say I did NOT buy any addon's while having Game Pass though, so have no clue how that works!

Here is the post I tried to explain it to another member having the same issue. It did work for me though. I also have no idea if you are just buying the Standard version from Game Pass. It seems like it should just work? Without Game Pass! Like I said it weird how it works.

I was that member and sure it is complicated. I went to Microsoft webpage and found MSFS in the store. It says I have 20% discount with my Game Pass subscription.
And below I see two MSFS pictures above which is written,
In this package
Microsoft Flight Simulator and Digital ownership.
If I click on any of these pictures I see the full price being stated .
From inside XBox Game Pass it is stated included in Game Pass and then not available and after that choose version to buy which gives the option to choose between Deluxe or Premium deluxe at discounted prices
If I click buy on the discounted option I am told that I can't apply for a refund and there is nothing mentioned about digital ownership

If you click the "Buy to own" on ANY of the 3 versions ( Standard, Deluxe or Premium ), they all include the "Digital Ownership" thing. This means you can KEEP the game even if you cancel the Game Pass subscription.

Note that, it's also possible to buy the Premium UPGRADE and the Premium Deluxe UPGRADE from the MS Marketplace. However, if you buy these upgrades without having bought the Standard Flight Simulator ( so you got it for "free" with the Game Pass ), you are missing the Digital Ownership, since the *upgrades* don't come with that, only the 3 "full" versions do. And I can see how easy might be to confuse the "discount" on these ( because you are a Game pass member ) with the "discount" of the upgrade price, they might be similar, but one comes with a Digital Ownership, the other don't. 

This means, if you never bought the Standard version, and bought any of the two DLCs as upgrades, if you cancel Game pass, you'll have to buy the Standard Version you never bought. If you are in this situation, it would be best buying it NOW, before your Game Pass expires, since you can get it with a 20% discount.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Reading all this makes me wonder if MS should have released just one version instead of all these "editions" 😶

Here is MSFS with 40 handcrafted airports and 30 planes. Done. 

Edited by ThrottleUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

After reading this....my head hurts....

It does more than make your head hurt. It should be super simple but it is not! All I can say is IT WORKED for me to buy the Premium Deluxe outright right before cancelling Game Pass. I DID NOT own the Standard version,  I only got it with my Game Pass subscription. Now IF you are just wanting to OWN the Standard version, I have no clue. That should be simple, cancel Game Pass and buy the Standard version for $60.00. But IF you want the sale price, you BUY the Premium Deluxe, BEFORE you cancel Game Pass.

I have no idea why they made it this difficult. And that it work's for some and NOT for others!

And another thing, ONCE you have bought the Premium Deluxe upgrade right before you CANCEL Game Pass, you no longer see the options, cause you OWN it now! So it's difficult to help people.

All, I can say is Good Luck!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, jfri said:

If I click buy on the discounted option I am told that I can't apply for a refund and there is nothing mentioned about digital ownership

I think the Digital Ownership is on another page when you click one of those links, I think! Like I said I can't reproduce it , cause I own it now!

Did you ever PURCHASE it through Game Pass?

Edited by in2tech

6 hours ago, in2tech said:

Did you ever PURCHASE it through Game Pass?

No I have not done so yet I first want all confusion to be clearly settled

11 hours ago, jfri said:

No I have not done so yet I first want all confusion to be clearly settled

Understand, hope that happens at some point? Not sure it will. They really need to explain it in a Q&A Stream. Just not sure if they ever will!

Edited by in2tech

17 hours ago, in2tech said:

It does more than make your head hurt. It should be super simple but it is not! All I can say is IT WORKED for me to buy the Premium Deluxe outright right before cancelling Game Pass. I DID NOT own the Standard version,  I only got it with my Game Pass subscription. Now IF you are just wanting to OWN the Standard version, I have no clue. That should be simple, cancel Game Pass and buy the Standard version for $60.00. But IF you want the sale price, you BUY the Premium Deluxe, BEFORE you cancel Game Pass.

I have no idea why they made it this difficult. And that it work's for some and NOT for others!

And another thing, ONCE you have bought the Premium Deluxe upgrade right before you CANCEL Game Pass, you no longer see the options, cause you OWN it now! So it's difficult to help people.

All, I can say is Good Luck!

did the same yesterday works for me 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

58 minutes ago, 331BK said:

did the same yesterday works for me 

So you did get the Premium Deluxe on Game Pass at the Sale price and then cancelled Game Pass, and it WORKED?

Edited by in2tech

till now yes.

why it should not? I paid 95 EUR for premium deluxe. 

if you have to keep game pass nobody would purchase it for 95 EUR and then pay every month on top for game pass. 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, 331BK said:

till now yes.

why it should not? I paid 95 EUR for premium deluxe. 

if you have to keep game pass nobody would purchase it for 95 EUR and then pay every month on top for game pass. 

Great so working fine for you as it did for me? Now I do know a person that bought the Premium Deluxe, cause that's what they wanted after making sure it worked on their system. But they actually have a family that play's other games on Game Pass, so they also pay for it monthly. But I think that is very rare case. Except of course for X-Box owners in the future, when MSFS is on the console. Most people here only use Game Pass to see if they like MSFS, and if it run's good enough on their PC. Actually pretty cool to be able to run the entire sim for $1.00 for 30 days to see how it run's. Versus a limited demo!

So, to be absolutely clear about this:..

In the Microsoft Store app, there is a page for "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe."  It has a price of "$119.99 (crossed-out) $95.99+ with your XBox Game Pass membership 20% off."  There is a button underneath that reads "Buy To Own."  Further down the page, in the Overview section, it has a panel listing "In this bundle" which includes

Microsoft Flight Simulator
Flight Simulator Deluxe Upgrade
Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade
Digital Ownership

If I were actually to buy this bundle at $95.99, install it, then cancel my XBox Game Pass membership, would I still be able to play it?

I think I know the answer but, after reading all this, I'm less sure than I was.  I certainly don't want to shell out almost $100, then find out that cancelling Game Pass means I can no longer play what I just paid for.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

8 hours ago, JDWalley said:

So, to be absolutely clear about this:..

In the Microsoft Store app, there is a page for "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe."  It has a price of "$119.99 (crossed-out) $95.99+ with your XBox Game Pass membership 20% off."  There is a button underneath that reads "Buy To Own."  Further down the page, in the Overview section, it has a panel listing "In this bundle" which includes

Microsoft Flight Simulator
Flight Simulator Deluxe Upgrade
Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe Upgrade
Digital Ownership

If I were actually to buy this bundle at $95.99, install it, then cancel my XBox Game Pass membership, would I still be able to play it?

I think I know the answer but, after reading all this, I'm less sure than I was.  I certainly don't want to shell out almost $100, then find out that cancelling Game Pass means I can no longer play what I just paid for.

That's how it worked for me, except at the time it was $99.99 in December 2020. To me and when I bought it, it was the Digital Ownership that was the key.

And apparently it just worked for @331BK , just recently? Please report back so we can clear this up once and for all.

Good luck!

Correct, worked for me too.

brgds

sfo_a320.png