Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

QW 146 P3dv5 Night Lighting Missing?

With the QualityWings 146 v1.5, I have no exterior lighting with a freshly-installed 146 from the Flight1 Agent.  It detected and installed into v5.1 it seems without any issue.  The interior lighting seems fine and the exterior night lighting textures appear present in the common texture folder.  By chance, is anyone able to offer any insight, or have gotten the 146 looking correctly in v5?

I would have expected landing lights, logo light, wing lights to illuminate as they did in v4.  Verifying texture.cfg and folder structure, I can't seem to pinpoint why night textures aren't being called properly.

Thanks.

z6M2QH8.jpg

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I believe that the QW 146 is not yet released for P3d v5. That may be the source of your issue if you are indeed installing it into v5. 

-Braun

1 hour ago, btacon said:

I believe that the QW 146 is not yet released for P3d v5. That may be the source of your issue if you are indeed installing it into v5. 

-Braun

Well, funnily enough, the installer would make you believe otherwise:

iLNVXxA.jpg

Installer even has 2 separate radio buttons, one for v4, one for v5.

Fooled me.

Edited by CaptKornDog

Hmmm....well I stand pleasantly corrected. I’ll go to Flight 1 and download my up till now uninstallable copy and report back with my lighting results.  

-Braun

I do have the same issue. The external lights are barely visible. Landing lights and taxi lights illuminated the aircraft but are almost invisible on the ground. This is true for default airports and also payware like EDDK, EDDL and ESSA.

Used new installer from QW website and installed into P3D v5.

Regards
Michael

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled

4 hours ago, CFG212 Michael said:
I do have the same issue. The external lights are barely visible. Landing lights and taxi lights illuminated the aircraft but are almost invisible on the ground. This is true for default airports and also payware like EDDK, EDDL and ESSA.

Used new installer from QW website and installed into P3D v5.

Regards
Michael

I encourage you to write to QualityWings as I have, to let them know of the issue.

Already done yesterday. I am surprised that so few use the BAE/RJ in V5.

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled