Hi all, I am having difficulty getting my Track IR 5 to work in MSFS (2020). I had it working once.  Even in the Track IR software I cannot get it to recognize the hat clip. The red lights are all that light up, never either of the green.  

I have used track IR 3 in FSX without problem.

This is what I have done:

I have down loaded the latest software.

I have made sure that MSFS 2020 is located in game profiles.

I have installed and reinstalled several times.

I have tried plugging in to different USB ports, i have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

I have tried the F9 pause/unpause.

I have even put the hat clip close to the device in any number of different ways.

am sure the room is dark enough.

No luck I am currently restore to an earlier restore point but I am not holding my breath. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Restore to earlier has not changed anything.

Edited by jmfabio
new info

Get used to disappointment - The Dread Pirate Roberts

Confirm you have the correct setting for the type of clip you're using (TrackClip vs. TrackClipPro).  If you're using the reflector clip, turn the LED brightness all the way up in the camera tab.  Room brightness should not be an issue unless you have a window directly behind you. 

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for the reply.  I have made sure that I have TrackClip selected and I have turned up the brightness of LEDs but not all the way.  There is a window to the side with the blinds shut, but I will try covering the window with a fleece to see if that changes things.

I decided to check my TrackIR 3 for the light level. It had no problem detecting the reflector for it. But I decided to unplug the track IR 3 (it was plugged in at the same time as the TrackIR 5).  The TrackIR 5 detected detected the clip so perhaps it was a conflict with both being plugged in at the same time.

Edited by jmfabio
new info

1 hour ago, jmfabio said:

Hi all, I am having difficulty getting my Track IR 5 to work in MSFS (2020). I had it working once.  Even in the Track IR software I cannot get it to recognize the hat clip. The red lights are all that light up, never either of the green. 

I think that indicates that it is paused (mine are orange, but maybe that's what you mean). Have you tried pressing whichever key is mapped to Pause? (Or clicking the little rectangle at the bottom of the screen)? When TrackIR is active but not tracking and not connected to an app the visible LEDs will be out.

Edited by MarkDH

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

MARKDH,

Thanks for the reply but it is all sorted. Didn't want to work when the other trackir was also plugged in. thanks again