Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit149

PMDG B777 Steering Tiller

Today my steering tiller went to full left deflection after push back. Nothing I did solved it (use FSUIPC to assign/calibrate). Came back after 5 minutes all by itself. Continued flight (7 hrs 45mins). After landing it worked to exit runway but then locked out at full deflection again.

Never happened before. All controls are disabled in default and I use FSUIPC to assign/calibrate as stated.

Rebooted and reloaded a new flight - all seemed OK. Temporary glitch???

Any help appreciated. 

Edited by roadrabbit149

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

Maybe your tiller (or stick) is going bad?   I don't know what you are using for a tiller.  I use a Thrustmaster T16000M and the "twist" function to simulate the tiller.

Sometimes you can expand the null zone on your controller, if it is misbehaving often.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes, I also use a Thrustmaster 1600M 'twist' axis as steering tiller. 

It has only misbehaved today, so I will wait and see.

Intel i9900K @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i (11 GB RAM onboard),
32 GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus Mobo
(LGA1151); Running P3Dv5.4, MSFS2020 and XPlane11;

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Maybe your tiller (or stick) is going bad?   I don't know what you are using for a tiller.  I use a Thrustmaster T16000M and the "twist" function to simulate the tiller.

Sometimes you can expand the null zone on your controller, if it is misbehaving often.

No, it's not that. If OP went to pmdg forum, others see the same thing. It's a bug they have failed to fix.

Further to this, there is another bug whereby you use GSX for a second leg, regardless of pushback or not and the pmdg 777/747 will not move. They are sort of stuck in place. Only a sim restart resolves.  PMDG and FSDT don't like each other so there is zero communication btw them to fix it. Bloody joke....

Edited by B777ER

Eric