Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Orbx CENTRAL WORKER FAILED TO LAUNCH

Hi Everyone,

I have posted this issue in the ORBX Forum, but believe there is some expertise here that may not check in there. I have downloaded and installed suggested C++ and related files to the best of my understanding. But, frankly, this is way above my paygrade.

Here is my problem. I am running W10 20H2 OS BUILD 19042 964. I have excluded ORBX central from both Malwarebytes and Window Defender. Nothing I have done has helped. While I wait for some more assistance at ORBX, I am wide open to ideas and suggestions from the experts here. Thank you!

Sherm

IMB5kn3.jpg

Edited by shermank
corrected text

Was it working previously and this is a new issue?  Try running as administrator?

Edit- Just confirmed mine is working and is version 4.1.37.

Edited by Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

23 hours ago, Gridley said:

Was it working previously and this is a new issue?  Try running as administrator?

Edit- Just confirmed mine is working and is version 4.1.37.

It was working until I upgraded into a new mobo, etc and a reinstallation of W10 Pro with all the latest updates. It is a perfectly working installation of Windows for everything I use on my computer, except for OC. There is one odd thing. When I reinstalled P3D, I also reinstalled my links to all my ORBX scenery. That worked perfectly, except for one scenery that seemed to stall. I rebooted OC to try again, and that is when the error message first appeared. Interestingly enough, OC did upgrade itself to the latest version, 3.1.37. However, that did not cure the error problem. I have consulted with experts at ORBX, including Nick Cooper who I know personally. He has tried to help me and passed my problem on to the developers a few days ago. However, I have heard nothing from ORBX since then.

As you might imagine, if this situation is not solved, I will have real problems should I ever have to reinstall any ORBX product or attempt to purchase something new through ORBX DIRECT and OC.. Thanks for your interest and attempt to help.

BTW, Nick suggested that I untick anything to link OC to a Windows Compatibility choice. He said OC does not depend on that. No joy. And, yes, I do run it as Admistrator.

Sherm

It could be related to the links, symbolic links I assume - is it a single library or multiple links?  Maybe try reverting those and adding back one at a time?  It's an odd error that you'll probably need the devs input on to resolve, unfortunately.  You've probably thought of all this, so apologies for stating the obvious.  

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

5 hours ago, shermank said:

It was working until I upgraded into a new mobo, etc and a reinstallation of W10 Pro with all the latest updates. It is a perfectly working installation of Windows for everything I use on my computer, except for OC. There is one odd thing. When I reinstalled P3D, I also reinstalled my links to all my ORBX scenery. That worked perfectly, except for one scenery that seemed to stall. I rebooted OC to try again, and that is when the error message first appeared. Interestingly enough, OC did upgrade itself to the latest version, 3.1.37. However, that did not cure the error problem. I have consulted with experts at ORBX, including Nick Cooper who I know personally. He has tried to help me and passed my problem on to the developers a few days ago. However, I have heard nothing from ORBX since then.

As you might imagine, if this situation is not solved, I will have real problems should I ever have to reinstall any ORBX product or attempt to purchase something new through ORBX DIRECT and OC.. Thanks for your interest and attempt to help.

BTW, Nick suggested that I untick anything to link OC to a Windows Compatibility choice. He said OC does not depend on that. No joy. And, yes, I do run it as Admistrator.

Sherm

Hi

How exactly did you reinstall all links to ORBX?

Was Orbx Central installed and then you linked to your ORBX Library? If not, could you uninstalling and reinstalling OC?

Where is your  ORBX Library located? Is it outside your P3D Root folder or otherwise?

On 5/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, Gridley said:

It could be related to the links, symbolic links I assume - is it a single library or multiple links?  Maybe try reverting those and adding back one at a time?  It's an odd error that you'll probably need the devs input on to resolve, unfortunately.  You've probably thought of all this, so apologies for stating the obvious.  

P3D is on my C Drive. My ORBX Library is on a separate drive. After I got my computer back from the repair shop that installed new mobo, CPU, cooler, etc, and updated W10 PRO, I reinstalled software, including P3D and ORBX. At the time OC was working, and my 25+ scenery sets were installed normally. However, toward the end of the process, the installation froze. I restarted OC, and that was when the trouble first appeared. I am trying to get a developer to respond directly to my issue. 
Thanks for your input...

Sherm

On 5/5/2021 at 7:41 PM, Tokitaumelie said:

Hi

How exactly did you reinstall all links to ORBX?

Was Orbx Central installed and then you linked to your ORBX Library? If not, could you uninstalling and reinstalling OC?

Where is your  ORBX Library located? Is it outside your P3D Root folder or otherwise?

ORBX library is located outside my P3D root folder. I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall OC as well as the related C++ programs. Still no solution. Thanks for following my thread.

As for how I reinstalled links to ORBX, I presume you mean the scenery sets, see my answer below to another poster.

Sherm

49 minutes ago, shermank said:

ORBX library is located outside my P3D root folder. I have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall OC as well as the related C++ programs. Still no solution. Thanks for following my thread.

As for how I reinstalled links to ORBX, I presume you mean the scenery sets, see my answer below to another poster.

Sherm

Hi Sherm

Understood and as stated by Gridley, it appears you have covered most of the known solutions to try and resolve it.

Be sure to save the library going forward and I note this may not be the most feasible going forward, have you tried restoring (Windows System Restore) to an earlier point before OC started freezing?.

Downside is you may need to reinstall other software you may have installed recently.

Probably best to wait on ORBX Dev to help out.

Hope things work out

Kind regards

• Like 1

I have solved this problem and OC is working again.

The issue was solved when I decided to take a look at the OrbxCentralWorkers.exe in the saturn-win subfolder. 

Referring to Nick Cooper's suggestion  at the Orbx Forum to disable all compatibility choices, I applied that thinking to the OCW, just as I had done earlier to the main OC.exe file.

Bingo!!! That did it for me. 

OC  is working as it should and I am currently reinstalling all my ORBX scenery programs.

Sherm

• Like 2