Hi

This is really weird. I had the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One for years with FSX/SE. It worked great, always reliable. Then a month ago, the throttle lever started giving me a range of 50% engine power to a 100%. Pushing the throttle all the way down has no effect. No idle position. The minimum power setting starts at 50%! So obviously I cannot fly any plane.  The only way to bring the power to idle is by hitting the F1 on the keyboard. The same phenomenon happens in the Aerofly 1 sim. When I calibrate the hardware inside fsx, the throttle bar is shown halfway up, even though the physical throttle is in the lowest position.

So i thought, OK, my joystick is 8 years old, time for a new one.

So I bought a new Hotas One, installed the latest drivers and firmware (1.17), and what do you know? Exactly the same problem! What a waste of money. 

This is so frustrating. I don't have a clue where to start solving the problem.

Eytan Ornstein

Edited by misgav
error

I have a somewhat similar problem with my new HOTAS One.  Throttles are always reversed, no matter what I try.

Think  it is a problem with one of the MSFS downloads ?  Cleared out my Community folder.

Dave Hinson

All add-on file locations.

Two things:

1." All add-on file locations." Where do I find this in my FSX library, and how can it help?

2. Thrusmaster support have insisted It's a hardware problem, and I should return the device to the seller. They also said to try testing the device on an other pc. So I installed the drivers on my wife's laptop (Dell inspiron 15), plugged in the HOTAS, and what do you know?! The throttle function works- from 0 to 100% power. I then reinstalled the drivers on my pc, and upon testing the throttle, it was the same problem- no idle option, i.e. the aircraft engine starts at 50% power.

Eytan

Happy to report problem solved. Tried within FSX, options-settings-controls-controls, pressed reset default settings, and bingo, the HOTAS throttle worked fine. Now it gives accurate control of engine power, from idle to full thrust. I passed the info to Thrustmaster support, as I know it's a problem quite a few simmers have faced.

Eytan Ornstein

I would like to reopen this topic.  I am still having this problem (and it is not with reverse thrust, but the fact that my throttle positions are always reversed, i.e. Idle position on throttle is always full throttle).  Same for old Thrustmaster Flight Stick X and new HOTAS 4.  TM is not able to  help.

Is this a problem withTM controllers or with MSFS2020 ?

Dave Hinson