Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

What comes down, must go up?

Just me?  I have a bunch of entries in the log book where it says I made a flight that landed without making a takeoff

😀 😀 😀

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Just me?  I have a bunch of entries in the log book where it says I made a flight that landed without making a takeoff

😀 😀 😀

I never look at the log book. Don't trust it. And I also don't care! But that is funny!

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

The wonderful world of gliders... 😁

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have dozens of such entries, actually most of them. Departures without Landings, Landings without Departures and flights without neither. It's a well-known "feature" which has been with us for a long time. It must depend on the startup/shutdown procedure as I observed starting from a runway (i.e. running engines) is usually acknowledged.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Nearly 100% of my flights now are just a landing with no takeoff.  Guessing it has something to do with using Pilot2ATC instead of the built-in ATC.

I could count on my fingers the number of times I've asked ATC for landing clearance since MSFS was released, so I doubt that's it 🙂

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Isn't that because of the pop-up screen after shutting down the battery or avionics?
MSFS makes a new flight then.

2 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Isn't that because of the pop-up screen after shutting down the battery or avionics?
MSFS makes a new flight then.

Yep, and it does not always work either. At least for me, so I don't bother anymore! Once again, I don't really care. But if they ever do a Career mode people will care that it registers, IF?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Yeah, I've got about a third of the number of takeoffs compared to landings in my MSFS logbook. If I spawn in on the runway it'll register the takeoff. Very rarely, if I hold on the runway for a minute or so MSFS will register that too.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

I have some entries just the other way around..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

😀 😀 😀

It happens when you start your flight from parking instead of from the runway.  I know, I know!  Makes no sense does it?  I also have quite a number of logged flights where my arrival airport is some obscure small airport up to 30 nm from the airport I landed at.  And one flight where the landing was at an airport over 1,000 nm away.  I have always maintained a Microsoft Excel logbook so I only look at the MSFS logbook to get the hours of flight time.

I never has such issues in previous flight sims.  Par for the course here!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I can confirm. I have about 25 takeoffs and 700 landings lol. It usually never logs a takeoff.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Good to see I am not alone. Should not be that difficult to implement. Wheels leave the ground - you have taken off.😁

Johan Pienaar

The weirdest things is it seems to count touch and goes as landings but not take-offs yet if you land and taxi to parking and shut down it often does not count as  a landing.   Go figure 😄

The other interesting one that occurs if the logbook pops up automatically is if you hit continue to finish your shutdown checklist it creates an entire new log book entry with no take-off or landings.

I have yet to see a flightsim logbook in any sim, that really works reliably. I have maintained my own logbook for 23 years, entering the data (aircraft, origin, destination, time of flight, date) for each completed flight by hand. It takes very little time to do, and has the advantage that I can search for info on flights I did years ago. Problem solved, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by cobalt