Sign in to follow this  
joeherwig

A32nx LINDA Module (MSFS)

Hi,

To activate directly a hvar using fsuipc, you open fsuipc interface (right clic on system tray icon), "Show". Now you can clic on "Addons", "WASM", "activate Hvar". There is the dropdown list I mentioned above.

I also have the A32NX FBW.hvar empty file. But I saw somewhere, the right one is A320.hvar for the FBW. And when I list the hvar with FSUIPC and A320 FBW loaded in MFS, all hvars appear. Also, some hvars can be activated directly with FSUIPC and LINDA (ILS button for example), so I think for this part, it may be right.

For the MANAGED/SELECTED there is good news, I have a kind of progress. 🙂

I went into the code, I took a look to the two functions I already binded successfully with the default A32NX LINDA. ILS button and Autothrust.

ILS is an Hvar activation, and the code is :

function A32nx_PFD_BTN_LS_1()
    ipc.activateHvar("H:A320_Neo_PFD_BTN_LS_1")
end

Autotrust button is on this syntax :

function A32nx_AUTO_THROTTLE_toggle()
     ipc.control(65860, 0)

end

Functions Selected/managed that won't work is also Hvar activation : (With some more coding that I don't understand, if someone can explain it, it will be great, I have no skills in programming)

for example :

function A32nx_FCU_SPD_MODE_selected ()
    ipc.activateHvar("H:A320_Neo_FCU_SPEED_PULL")
    DspShow ("SPD", "set")
    SyncBackSPD (0, ipc.readUW(0x07E2), true)
end

After an afternoon work I found by analogy this working code for toogle SPD button 😄 :

function A32nx_FCU_SPD_Toogle ()
if ipc.readUW(0x0298) > 1
     then ipc.control(68066, 1)
     else ipc.control(68066, 2)
     end
end

I saw conditions in the code with reading of "offsets" (don't know what that mean, but there is an offset by command).

I found the offset (0x0298) value for SPD button in a forum, so I applied a condition with it, and try a simple condition using ipc.control to apply the managed and selected status. The 68066 is a value show on console of FSUIPC (and LINDA when you are in developper mode).

There is a good explanation of using developper mode in youtube (LINDA video of stinger2k2)

I think I can doing the HDG and ALT button. VS is more complicated, I saw there is two variables.

After adding this code, I saw my new A32nx_FCU_SPD_Toogle () Function in Linda, binded it to my integrated pushbutton of rotary encoder, and that's is !

Hi !

That's done ! I would share the code found. 😉

By analogy, after speed, I made toggle SELECTED/MANAGED functions for HDG and ALT :

function A32nx_FCU_SPD_MODE_Toogle ()
if ipc.readUW(0x0298) > 1
     then ipc.control(68066, 1)
     else ipc.control(68066, 2)
     end
end

function A32nx_FCU_HDG_MODE_Toogle ()
if ipc.readUW(0x0294) > 1
     then ipc.control(68065, 1)
     else ipc.control(68065, 2)
     end
end

function A32nx_FCU_ALT_MODE_Toogle ()
if ipc.readUW(0x0290) > 1
     then ipc.control(68067, 1)
     else ipc.control(68067, 2)
     end
end

In these conditions, I read the offset attributed to each function and apply the opposite number to the corresponding IPC control (1 if the actual parameter is 2 and conversely).

For the novices like me you can found offsets number if lucky in google, or there is a list here : https://www.projectmagenta.com/all-fsuipc-offsets/
Sometimes, the FSUIPC console gives it.
After that you can look at the console of FSUIPC which display the ipc.control numbers when you press a button in virtual cockpit, with the corresponding function (like 68068 for VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET for example). And the number applied il also shown (0,1,2...).

At first I was looking a time on HDG which wouldn't work, I found offsets from a post of John Dowson "ALTITUDE /HEADING/SPEED SLOT INDEX sim variables are held in offsets 0x0290, 0x0284 & 0x0298"
There was a typing error, the right one for HDG is 0x0294 ! I found it weird that he had an 8, I tried a 9 and bingo ! 😄

For the VS it was a lot more complicated, a real headache :

When you press up in virtual cockpit (selected), you see in FSUIPC console :

65799 AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD = 1
66115 AP_PANEL_VS_ON = 1
68068 VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET = 1 (multitude of them)

When you press down (managed)

66115 AP_PANEL_VS_ON = 1
65891 AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD

But when you simply apply theses numbers, that won't work...

So I did (after a loooonnng work, of trying, test, look, trying, test...) :

I went in FSUIPC, assignments, Button&Switches and try everything about VS. I found "MobiFlight.A320_Neo_FCU_VS_PUSH" and PULL working and display the 0000 in selected and the ---- in managed mode. The console gives me the 33074 and 33073 numbers, all good !

This code is working :

function A32nx_FCU_VS_MODE_Toogle ()
     if ipc.readUW(0x07EC) == 1
     then
     ipc.control(33073,1)
     elseif ipc.readUW(0x07EC) == 0
     then
     ipc.control(33074,1)
end
end

For VS increment and decrement, the integrated command in MFS don't work, so I created the ones in LINDA, and deleted those attributions in MFS.

function A32nx_VS_INC()
     ipc.control(33071,1)
end

function A32nx_VS_DEC()
     ipc.control(33072,1)
end

Here is the behaviour of all this on VS :

I'm flying at FL200 and I have displayed 30000 ft on FCU. 

MCDU is working, VS is 2300, FCU shows  : 30000 ----
press 1 time on VS button               : 30000 0000  VS become 0 on vario.
Turn VS knob to +700                    : 30000 +700 become 30000 ---- if no touch, and VS goes 2300 on vario, automatic go back managed.
We start again : Press 1 time VS button : 30000 0000
Second press                            : 30000 +700
And if I press right away ATL button    : 30000.+700 and VS is selected (must have the point after ATL value). VS goes to +700 ft/min on vario.

The display of VS when you turn the knob is slow, with a little delay. I will check if there is another function in FSUIPC to inc/decrement the VS wich more speed.

Hi mstaskovan,

I'm not familiarized with mobiflight. But there is somehow some mobiflight functions in FSUIPC that works when you use the ipc number showed in console at activation of these it in FSUIPC.

Can you please explain how to use this Code in Linda?

Since 0.5x.. my hdg,alt,spd Set/ managed dort work anymore.

Or someone can send me a working linda Profile for FBW ? Or better..  upload here please.

Edited by Tomtomnrw71

Hi.

I've uploaded the file, you can check it out on library, it may be appear after validation.

@Joeherwig, you can test these new functions and update the project if you find it cool.

Added :

SELECTED/MANAGED toogle on Speed, Heading, Altitude, Vertical Speed.
Independant Nose, LAND and Rwy turn light (Nose light to TAXI and Nose light to TO toggle)
Baro : QNH increase/decrease
Baro : QNH selected to Standard toggle
Baro : Hectopascal to milimeter of mercury units toggle
Autobrake : Cycle on single press button (Low, Medium, High and off)
MFD button cycle (CSTR, WPT, VOR.D, NDB, ARPT)
EICAM 2 Cycle (Engine, Bleed, etc...) And ALL (automatic Cycle)
SeatBelt and No Smoking

A few questions from a nerdy and not-so-code-savvy LINDA user, who would like to benefit from these new features with FlyByWire's A320neo:

- Which components EXACTLY are required?
- Where can they be downloaded? (no dead links, please...)
-Where to put all the components?

Or in other words: just a simple guide to retrieve installation information from the patchwork in this thread. Maybe one of you guys has enough patience to explain?

Oskar

Edited by lonewulf

Hi all,

@lonewulf : sorry for late answer, I was preparing something answering exactly what you want : A video tutorial.

I modified the code, because some functions won't work anymore since last updates of FBW A320.

Updated Joe's project to get working these broken functions (see readme for corrections) https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=223961

I created a script for my button box buttons, coming from the tutorial : https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=223962

The tutorial

Good reading and have a good day

Julien

• Like 1

HI Jujunet

Many thanks for yours explanations about Linda and Fsuipc7
It is perfect to understand where we can download every software it is very pedagogic and very clear.
It is easier for french guy also 😂

And a big thanks to Pete and John Dowson and ScotFlieger for your magnific soft 😍

Regards

Hello, I installed the A32nx LINDA module, but APU MASTER, APU START, and APU BLEED have no effect. What is the reason and what should I do?