Sign in to follow this  
joeherwig

A32nx LINDA Module (MSFS)

Probably interesting for some of you...
I just started maintaining an LINDA aircraft module for the FlyByWireSim A32nx (A320 NEO / A20N) in MSFS.

You can find it at https://github.com/joeherwig/A32nx-LINDA-aircraft-module

Even though it requires the FSUIPC LVar WASM Module and at least FSUIPC 7.1.0f (the "f" is important!) it might probably help some of you to make use of your great devices and home cockpits.

I'd be glad, if some of you would join the development.
Just fork the repo and send me a pull request with your changes.

Joe

• Like 1

Dear Joe

I have been trying to get Lvar/Hvar  working this last week. Thanks for your work so far, if I get any more working I will let you know.

BUT I still do not have the H:vars working. I just read this in the FSUIPC forum.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92032-fsuipc-wasm-module-client-side-api-lvarhvar-discussion-topic/?do=findComment&comment=560594

you need to have the Hvars listed in the community \FSUIPC WASM folder. Can I have a copy of yours please.

I am working on it this afternoon.

Frank 

@joeherwig thank you for your contribution to LINDA. I am studying FSUIPC WASM and your Github items at the moment. The one thing I can't seem to do is to read and write to Hvars which appear to cover most of the buttons/functions we would need to produce a usable LINDA module. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I got the WASM Module from John Dowsons Post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/92031-wasm-module-client-api-for-msfs-fsuipc7-now-available-for-developers-and-advanced-users-only/?tab=comments#comment-559948

It includes the A320.hvar that is required for the Module. 

That's strange. For me it works great using the ipc.activateHvar.

What do you get in FSUIPC when you run in the Menu "Add-ons | WASM |  GET hvars"? 

Yes I have got the latest versions. I have been following this for some time, waiting for a breakthrough. At the moment I think it might be something to do with access rights . I will do more testing today. I see all the hvars in "list lvars".

Hi Joe,

Thanks for making the module for the A320, I just wanted to ask have you had luck with master battery switches because I can not seem to be able to control them with the lvar included in the module. Thanks for your help!

Regards

This Script works fine for me in the FBW A32NX. Feel free, to use it.

if zaehler == 2 then
            ipc.control(67090, 1)
            ipc.control(65913, 0)
            zaehler = zaehler + 1
        end

if zaehler == 3 then
            ipc.writeLvar("L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_10_PB_IS_AUTO", 1)
            ipc.sleep(3000)
            zaehler = zaehler + 1
        end

if zaehler == 4 then
            ipc.writeLvar("L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_11_PB_IS_AUTO", 1)
            ipc.sleep(1000)
            zaehler = zaehler + 1
        end

You need the ipc.sleep between the Battery turn ons. Otherwise, they will not turn on. Also is it highly recommendet to turn on the ExtPwr before the Batts are turne on. See Section zaehler2 in this Script.

Greets from Germany and good Luck.
Joachim

• Like 1

Hi

Sorry if my query seems silly, but I have no programming experience in LINDA. I'm wanting to sign in the HDG knob part the HDG minus (-) and HDG minusfast (-) options, but I can't find their similar in the A320 User Funtions> FCU module. I can only see the ones from A32nx HDG inc and A32nx HDG infast. Nor can I see the speed increase and decrease for the SPD knob.

Should I add something to the code or are these options still not available for the FLYBYWERE?

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

Hello guys and many thanks for creating A32NX modules. Is there any chance to work on it for compatibility with Dev Mode of FBW32NX. When I am starting Dev Mode of 320NX doesn't work my MCP/Switch channel/Linda...nothing

Thank you in advance

http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I have a trouble with the profile, I can't play with Selected/Managed Mode on Speed, HDG, Alt and VS. Even when I activate Hvar directly with FSUIPC, nothing works. I've tried on ground and flying, nothing works. I don't know why, I work on this since a long time.

For Example if I load the FBW A320, on ground, all is managed. I have : ---. ---. 5000. ----

If I bind in LINDA "A32nx FCU SPD Mode selected" on my pushbutton, nothing happens.

If I click on virtual cockpit on speed button to switch on selected mode, I have : 000 ---. 5000. ----
But : If I go in FSUIPC, Plugins, WASM and activate Hvars "188: H:A320_Neo_FCU_MODE_MANAGED_SPEED", nothing happens. Same with the hvars with "CDU" in place of "FCU" (selected and managed)
Also, I hound no hvar for FCU Selected mode. Some strange, other hvars works, for example the ILS buttons. So the command of the A32NX plugin in LINDA works well for this, as well as activation directly with FSUIPC. Same with hvar of Auto trust.

Something for Speed works : it's to bind "Speed Slot Index Set" with parameter 2 in FSUIPC, it moves to ---. again. If I change to Parameter 1, it moves to 000.

My goal is to use my 4 encoders on my button box with integrated pushbutton to switch between selected / managed mode for each one. I've seen many threads on FSUIPC, but I have a lack of skills in programming and I don't understand the way to use FSUIPC.

In FSUIPC I can't do easely a toogle between parameters 1 and 2 for "Speed Slot Index Set", becauce if I set one parameter for press and the other for release, it's useless. I saw on the advanced user manual of FSUIPC something to do that (COMPOUND BUTTON CONDITIONS). But it's very complicated to do a simple toogle... I'm an advanced PC user, but this is a way too high for my level, I don't understand the deep functionning of FSUIPC. On forums, Pete Dowson explanations are also in the same way of the pdf guide, very technical, but less popularization.

So for my installation :

I have the A320.hvar file in module folder, in the community fsuipc-lvar-module folder. (filled with all Hvars from the A320 FBW)
I have the last versions of FSUIPC, Wasm plugin and Linda. (Won't works with previous versions of FSUIPC and WASM, and A320 whatsoever)

CDU_MODE_SELECTED_ALTITUDE and MANAGED works directly on FSUIPC, but not in LINDA.
CDU_MODE_SELECTED_SPEED works directly on FSUIPC, but not CDU_MODE_MANAGED_SPEED.
HEADING_SLOT_INDEX_SET won't works (parameter 1 and 2)
ALTITUDE_SLOT_INDEX_SET works. But if I set a parameter of 1, and push many times, it goes from selected to managed and the opposite, confirmed on the console, I have parameter 2 sometimes. A bug I think.
VS_SLOT_INDEX_SET won't works.

I've tried the simconnect events in the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo.evt file in the FSUIPC folder. Nothing...

Someone have an idea to what is the issue ? Any idea for a workaround ? Something to do with a macro in the LINDA user.lua to have a new function with toogle ?

I made a buttonbox, you can see it on Youtube, "Button Box for Flight Simulator 2020" (video in English and French). 

Best regards,

Does your mouse control of the buttons work? Do you get those little arrows above and below the FCU controls?

Søren Rasmussen

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 5Ghz | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ti 11Gb| MoBo: ASUS | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit ver. 1709 | RAM: 32GB 4 x 8GB Corsair | HD:  1 Samsung SSD 840 Pro 500GB, 1 Samsung SSD 850 Pro 500GB, 1 Seagate 2TB SATA | Monitor: 1 BenQ 24" | Resolution: 1920x1080x32, Maximized Window Mode | Sims: P3Dv4.4 Professional, FSX SP2 | Other Add-Ons: FSUIPC v5, FSL A320x, PMDG 737, PMDG 744 QUOTSII, PMDG 777, Navigraph NavData & charts

Hi,

Yes. I have no problem in virtual cockpit. All the buttons works normally with the mouse interaction. The very strange thing is some hvars works and other not. It's not a Linda issue, because direct activation of the same hvars with FSUIPC won't work anyway.

Just installed the module and I can't make it work for the FCU buttons either

Søren Rasmussen

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 5Ghz | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ti 11Gb| MoBo: ASUS | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit ver. 1709 | RAM: 32GB 4 x 8GB Corsair | HD:  1 Samsung SSD 840 Pro 500GB, 1 Samsung SSD 850 Pro 500GB, 1 Seagate 2TB SATA | Monitor: 1 BenQ 24" | Resolution: 1920x1080x32, Maximized Window Mode | Sims: P3Dv4.4 Professional, FSX SP2 | Other Add-Ons: FSUIPC v5, FSL A320x, PMDG 737, PMDG 744 QUOTSII, PMDG 777, Navigraph NavData & charts

Hi Swolski.

I just take a look. I just updated all. Last versions of FBW A320 0.6.3, FSUIPC 7.2.10, WASM module 0.5.4. And A32NX Linda module 0.8

That won't work, but I have more information that maybe resolve the issue for Speed and Altitude.

I did a flight LFRS to LFPG and with the aircraft in the air and all parameters to managed mode, I tested :

Bind a button to LINDA controls for SPD, HDG, ALT to try to swich to selected mode : unfortunately, any of them works.

Then I tried directly with FSUIPC, with the WASM module Activate hvars.

When you scroll down you have 4 hvars named H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_MANAGED (or SELECTED). The string is long so you don't see the end of each string.

I tried each :

1) The first switch successfully to ALT managed mode

2) The second switch successfully to SPD managed mode

3) The third switch successfully to ALT selected mode

4) The fourth switch successfully to SPD selected mode

When I go to WASM, List HVARS, I have :

006: H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_MANAGED_SPEED
007: H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_SELECTED_SPEED
008: H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_MANAGED_ALTITUDE
009: H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_SELECTED_ALTITUDE

That are the same, but different in order.

I think I remember these hvars were in the action.lua file of the A32NX LINDA profile, along with the ones with FCU Push OR Pull, but now, they don't.

With FSUIPC, the Hvars named A320_Neo_FCU_HDG_PUSH (or PULL) won't work.

In assign button of FSUIPC, a hvar Mobiflight.A320 NEO FCU HDG PULL works with parameter 1, the same for VS won't work.

Heading_Slot_Index_Set with parameter 1 gives me selected mode on HDG, and managed mode with parameter 2.

VS_Slot_Index_Set won't work.

20 hours ago, Jujunet said:

When you scroll down you have 4 hvars named H:A320_Neo_CDU_MODE_MANAGED (or SELECTED).

Don't see those selections in FSUIPC listbox when trying to assign a button for FS Control.

You wrote "FSUIPC, with the WASM module Activate hvars" - how to activate, is it enable in the Add-ons section for WASM?

I'm not familiar with WASM at all. I have FSUIPC 7.2.10 installed and also downloaded FSUIPC-WASMv0.5.4.zip - took the fsuipc-lvar-module folder from here and put in in the Community folder. The A320.hvar from the MODULES folder here contains the entries listed in your post. Then took a look in the FSUIPC folder, but the file A32NX FBW.hvar in the hvar folder is empty.

As I said i'm a novice on WASM, so what is there to do from here? What haven't I done or what have I done wrong. Really appreciate you help if possible.

Edited by Swolski
repeats

Søren Rasmussen