Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Stutters, who has a solution ?

Guest Redvan

>how much RAM do you have? I have 1gig and I stutter, using>memstatus, it says I'm using 98% of my RAM, and only about 40%>of my video memory. I am getting 2gig in the mail today, will>install and let you know if that helps, I'm guessing it will.just an update to my post above:Upgraded from 1gig PC2700 to 2gig PC3200 and it helped with stutters a ton. I can run higher settings and get no stutters such as I was getting. Took it down to Heathrow and I got an avg of 15-17FPS, when near airport, it "stuttered" but that was not resultant of low ram, as I was experiencing before (only using about 50% system RAM now, as opposed to 98%). I'll have to do bandwidth mult and other cfg tweaks to get rid of these stutters (which are far less severe than the ones I was getting).

Hi Rhett,Many thanks for taking the time to answer, very appreciated. Please find my observation to your comments:a)"For me it was a combination. If I ran TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH at 400and PoolSize of 2.5 mil, it was stutter-fest.But if I ran TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH at 100and PoolSize of 2.5 mil, it was A-OK"I have tried nearly all possible combinations here, from 100 bandwith to 800, 100-150 I got some blueries, 800 worked fine, but I admit it might be too high, so I went down to 200, no change for stutters.:( "The BufferPools setting is only the megs of video memory to allocate to (gauges/VC's/panels??). I.E. 10000000 = 10 megs vid mem.On a 256 meg sys I'd say 10 million is too high. speaking off-the-cuff, of course"Took your comments in consideration, and have reduced it at 2,5.However have tried a range from 1mio to 3mio, with 100 to 200 bandwith ? no change on stutters when taxiing.c) "Some rigs appear to have problems with the SPECULAR TEXTURES present on many airport buildings. Were you aware of that? I'd do some research on the specular textures here in the forum"That's a very interesting point. As mentionned earlier, as soon as taxiing outside airport building area, no more stutters. I am sure that we have a point here. If I remember well, someone created replacement files to replace specular textures, any idea where to find it ? d) Stupid question but worth a try: could it be linked to shader effect which can not be totally supported by my GC ? I have never had any problem with mooving jetways (which also seem related as per previous posts), do you feel it's worth to take a look on that and to disable ?e)" I agree, I do feel that cpu-stealing file lookups are a problem with FSX. That too is probably an issue here. I think though, essentially you can "hardware-away" that problem. The 6600 doesn't like the graphic settings you are trying to run"Stutters still appear with lowest possible settings (all left). For ACES developpers: Presume this issue will be addressed on FSX SP1 ?f) "Ah, Switzerland. I have been to the Bernese Oberland and also Zurich. I saw lake Geneva from the air but didn't go to Geneva. Went to Bern, Thun, Interlaken too. Went up to the Schilthorn of James Bond fame. Skiied up there. It's called "off piste" or something like that I believe".If you wish to try one of the most beautiful visual experience with FSX, just try to fly LSGG (Geneva)- LFMN (Nice) with departure at dawn with summer texture(around 06h30 local 15aug). Just take off from LSGG RWY 5, good weather, you will see first lake of Geneve, then when reaching FL100, turn right 160-170 degree, it should bring you just over the Mont Blanc (the highest point in Europe), just make sure that you have reached your cruising altitude (between FL210-240) at that point. Then you will cross all the alps and have a beautiful landing at LFMN, via LFMD, runways 04L (045 109.95), with the mediteranean on the right and the alps on the left. This is one of the most gorgious flight you can make in FSX. Don't forget to download Italy season pack and Italy refions pack for accurate textures. (just place them in your FSX>addon scenery>scenery folderOnce again, many thanks for your time.Patrick JorandGeneva

Thanks for your time and suggestion. Will try zoom at 100% for both wing views and will tell you the results.Concerning, Suisse 2004, this is a fantastic addon, however have no experience with FSX so far(the update for FSX has just been released) I was just affraid to loose a lot of FPS with my medium end system."have installed a dual core optimizer which I believe came from AMD. I can't really tell what good it has done, but I'm relatively happy with FSX on machine so I'll guess that it helped. Maybe that's wishful thinking".Have installed it yesterday night, seem impression as you, no real impact but it did not hurt, so I will keep it.If you like flying over Switzerland and the alps, please see in the posts above a suggestion that I made to another simmer for a summer dawn (06h30 LTD, 15AUG) flight from LSGG to LFMN (with all scenery settings full right), this is one of the most beautiful experience you can make with FSX standard scenery.Kind regardsPatrick JorandGeneva

Guest abulaafia

I have a similar setup to yours, with FSX on D; My stutters are gone when I set Frame Rate to Unlimited. As soon as I look the framerate anywhere under 50, I get stutters , but only with Outside View over daytime scenery. Regards

Thanks Marten, will try the unlimited fps, as no other solution has worked until now. Like you it only happens on outside view and daytime sceneryKind regardsPatrick Jorand