Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

TBM at 300 kts at 30,000’

TBM performs like a champ at Vo Max (330 kts) just under the service ceiling of 31,000’ in my next video. Trailer here. Full video premieres tomorrow (May 5, 2021).

Video description: We explore the sights of the Everest massif at 30,000’ in the Daher TBM 930. Early morning departure from Kathmandu, Nepal to watch the sun rise over the Himalayan mountains. Everest mountaineering, summit routes, facts and highlights plus landscape identification of the surrounding mountains and glaciers.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

very cool, would be great if a scenery designer was able to make the camps and maybe even some lines of climbers.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

22 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

very cool, would be great if a scenery designer was able to make the camps and maybe even some lines of climbers.

Yes, great idea! Full video premiere tonight at 8:00PM EDT!

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

Great video, thanks.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

very well done, I have watched them all (and bookmarked).  Up next K2 ??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

16 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

very well done, I have watched them all (and bookmarked).  Up next K2 ??

Thanks a bunch! Yes, K2 is more challenging than Everest! Definitely no line up of climbers in the queue to make the summit! No K2 video planned at this time. Could be a Cessna 310 video when MilViz releases in the near future.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

The bodies too?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Someone repeating this im MSFS? Maybe I'll do, but I'm not a video maker ...

Edit: Oops, just realized it was created with MSFS. I was just a bit confused because of the mix with RW videos.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

8 hours ago, Nemo said:

Someone repeating this im MSFS? Maybe I'll do, but I'm not a video maker ...

Edit: Oops, just realized it was created with MSFS. I was just a bit confused because of the mix with RW videos.

I used real world videos, Google Earth and ForeFlight satellite maps to identify all the surrounding mountains in the video. I gotta say, it was truly amazing making this video and seeing each mountain face, ridge, peak and glacier line up exactly as they should in the sim. I could have added more detailed labels identifying specific landmarks and places, but opted to keep things basic in the video.

• Like 2

Amazing video! Nepal is a great place to fly in MSFS. It's very well rendered, challenging approaches, and there are lots of high quality freeware airports. But better choose a turboprop like the TBM.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

21 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Amazing video! Nepal is a great place to fly in MSFS. It's very well rendered, challenging approaches, and there are lots of high quality freeware airports. But better choose a turboprop like the TBM.

Thanks very much! A fascinating topic reading about the early expeditions. Mega hours editing this video, but lots of fun incorporating real world video!