Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Britten-Norman BN-2 from Black Box Sim coming soon

Gotta love the typo on that fsaddons news story about this:

'At the time of its release last September, this taildragger (their Bird Dog) was mildly received, but the developers have put consistent work on updating and improving the aircraft in such a way that it’s now well-beloved among costumers, which is definitely promising looking into the release of the BN-2 Islander.

I'm quite into nice clothes - hats in particular - so I'll be interested to see if this sartorial trend continues with their Islander.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nice!  If the modelling lives up to it, I cant wait to try this out between St. Maarten and St. Barts.

It is an actual flight I hope to do one day (as a passenger).  Then again, I might just chicken-out and get the boat! :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, Chock said:

'At the time of its release last September, this taildragger (their Bird Dog) was mildly received, but the developers have put consistent work on updating and improving the aircraft in such a way that it’s now well-beloved among costumers, which is definitely promising looking into the release of the BN-2 Islander.

I'm quite into nice clothes - hats in particular - so I'll be interested to see if this sartorial trend continues with their Islander.

The nose of the islander is just crying out for a variety of jaunty hats !

My kind of aircraft. Looking forward to this one. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

42 minutes ago, Donka said:

My kind of aircraft. Looking forward to this one. 

Great!  Thinking of repaints?  I  took your RAF Piaggio for a spin around Snowdonia again last night.  👍

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Great!  Thinking of repaints?  I  took your RAF Piaggio for a spin around Snowdonia again last night.  👍

Yup, will depend on what liveries it comes with but there a few of the local liveries I would like to see. Will also do the same with the JF Hawk when it’s released although that will ship with the majority of popular ones anyway. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Yay! I love that plane! Had a chance to fly in one in 1990, so how good is that dev? I must be extra careful with my next purchases from now on in MSFS after a recent big disappointment.

Alexander Colka

19 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

so how good is that dev? 

Their airplanes for FSX/P3D do not have a great reputation. I purchased their A320 around 2014 as an early access product; it is still in beta.

Nevertheless, this will probably be the only chance we have to get this airplane for MSFS. If you have FSX/P3D, you can download a free demo of the Islander at http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index.php/products/ga/islander-bn2/

I tried it and it was OK, but I preferred to stick with the old Flight1 version. It gives me some hope, though, that they are rebuilding the Islander from scratch for MSFS.

Peter

Edited by qqwertzde

25 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

Their airplanes for FSX/P3D do not have a great reputation. I purchased their A320 around 2014 as an early access product; it is still in beta.

Nevertheless, this will probably be the only chance we have to get this airplane for MSFS. If you have FSX/P3D, you can download a free demo of the Islander at http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index.php/products/ga/islander-bn2/

I tried it and it was OK, but I preferred to stick with the old Flight1 version. It gives me some hope, though, that they are rebuilding the Islander from scratch for MSFS.

Peter

Ok thanks for your comments, very valuable.

Alexander Colka

It seems like Black box has ditched the never finished Airbus completely to work on aircrafts for MSFS for faster money income? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

It seems like Black box has ditched the never finished Airbus completely to work on aircrafts for MSFS for faster money income? 

You could say something sort of similar about pretty much every other developer too,

Their Airbuses remain flyable products, they just keep getting tweaks and additions; if they'd instead have put the spin on it, of releasing them as they were and saying they were a finished product instead of a 'prologue' as they do, then kept on adding stuff to them periodically as they do, people would be saying how wonderful they are for constantly supporting, tweaking and updating their released products.

I've got all their Airbus products for FSX and P3D; they're not as bad as some people would have you believe and they have a better load manager than any of the other airbuses from other developers too.

Their PR abilities leave a lot to be desired, and they've done themselves no favours in that regard over the years, but their reputation lingers because a lot of people are inclined to criticise their products without actually owning them, and obviously, opinions like that are worthless, particularly when one can download and try free demos of all their FSX/P3D products and thereby easily gain an informed opinion.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 hours ago, Donka said:

Yup, will depend on what liveries it comes with but there a few of the local liveries I would like to see. Will also do the same with the JF Hawk when it’s released although that will ship with the majority of popular ones anyway. 

It would be crying out for Defender liveries, particularly for flying out of EGAA Aldergrove (both the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Army).

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

8 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

It would be crying out for Defender liveries, particularly for flying out of EGAA Aldergrove (both the Police Service of Northern Ireland and the Army).

Once it’s released, let me know if there are any requests and I’ll see what can be done. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 7:44 PM, Chock said:

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.