Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Britten-Norman BN-2 from Black Box Sim coming soon

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

Meh, almost all plane makers make that claim these days...so much so that it's become meaningless marketing banter. Even in cases where it is sometimes true I have found personally that if you ask 3 pilots what they think about a sim plane's handling you'll still get 3 different answers much of the time.

I always think that what works best as far as getting really good flight dynamics in a sim plane is when the person doing the flight dynamics is the actual pilot in command of that aircraft type. Otherwise I take it with a grain of salt, albeit with sometimes pleasant results nonetheless...but certainly not being the norm.

Yes I know I just been sarcastic!   But remember true story based on "tested by real pilots".LOL My dad had a friend who was test pilot. He was working in Russia's Zhukovskii Test Center, flown various type of airplanes including Mig-29. At that time (early 90th) in San Diego based game company was  Mig-29 game (don't remember exactly a title). Any way they invited my dad's friend to be a tester! He got H1B visa flew to San Diego. When he tried their version of Mig-29 he was disappointed it was  nothing like real plane! The company rep just replied  "well it is what it is". Later on the game was sold as "tested by real Mig pilot". But to benefit to may dad's friend he fell and love with San Diego and after some time living there brought his family and became permanent resident of USA 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, Chock said:

But frankly, whenever anyone says 'tested by a real pilot' I take that with a pinch of salt.

I guess it’s reasonably hedged wording. I mean, they’re not saying approved by a real pilot...

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Hopefully Carenado ports over the 690A Turbo Commander

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

25 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I guess it’s reasonably hedged wording. I mean, they’re not saying approved by a real pilot...

They are also not claiming the "Real Pilot" is type rated..... 

Just passed his/her ppl in a 172.....

.... Yeah that 747 seems great ...

... Approved by a real pilot.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

The company rep just replied  "well it is what it is". Later on the game was sold as "tested by real Mig pilot". But to benefit to may dad's friend he fell and love with San Diego and after some time living there brought his family and became permanent resident of USA

I'll assume they at least paid him well for all his trouble and travel, but yea this is so disheartening to hear and to know that the money is all that really matters when it comes to "companies". Makes me sick to my stomach most of the time if I dwell on it for too long.

On the brighter side of things, sounds like you dad's friend got the better of the deal in the end, regardless! Ha!! :biggrin:

Edited by hangar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Hopefully Carenado ports over the 690A Turbo Commander

Lol now Working Title are doing the default avionics I am hoping Carenado port a lot of stuff over, as long as they use the defaults (or minor mods of them).

G

• Like 1

An advertisement stating  "tested by xxx " certianly IMPLIES "was approved of by xxx "  but what constitutes "misleading' advertising is a can of worms and can very much depend on the mood of the court on the day.  "Common-sense" and the law have a very limited and dysfunctional relationship.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Rule of thumb. If it's advertising it's probably lying.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

6 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Rule of thumb. If it's advertising it's probably lying.

I thought that was politicians ??

G

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

I thought that was politicians ??

G

You have to omit the 'probably' for politicians.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ron Attwood said:

You have to omit the 'probably' for politicians.

I was always told the way to check they're lying : "Their lips are moving"...

G

That's a fallacy. They can lie without moving their lips

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

That's a fallacy. They can lie without moving their lips

word not allowed, modern technology......

26 minutes ago, hangar said:

I'll assume they at least paid him well for all his trouble and travel, but yea this is so disheartening to hear and to know that the money is all that really matters when it comes to "companies". Makes me sick to my stomach most of the time if I dwell on it for too long.

On the brighter side of things, sounds like you dad's friend got the better of the deal in the end, regardless! Ha!! :biggrin:

Yes he got paid for his trouble! ! Unfortunately he died  from cancer. 

His name was Yuri Prihodko. Unfortunately he died from cancer in 2001

http://www.astronautix.com/p/prikhodko.html

Here is the game

https://www.amazon.com/Fulcrum-Shrouded-secrecy-Curtain-PC-Simulator/dp/B07QWFDBLC

Not to brag or anything, but my dad is on the right.🙄 He as well Prihodko has graduated the same test pilot school in former  Soviet Union

08-old-bold-pilots-runway.jpg

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI